85| You and Me

Previously:

after the harrowing aftermath of jisoo's attack at the hospital, jennie goes through a bout of depression whilst she recovers. hani and rosé clash. an intruder invades the apartment and turns out to be haein, hani's brother and the interim head of the dasoni. hani used him to shock jennie out of her funk. haein proposed to either give chaennie two weeks to bring in jinyoung and tiger king or else they can go into hiding. hani also announced that jisoo would move into an apartment in the same condo and that jennie can finally go visit her.

Jinyoung had Jisoo in his clutches, sneering as Jennie ran towards them.

"Let her go!"

Jinyoung released Jisoo, only for Jisoo to launch herself at Jennie instead, snarling. Her eyes burned yellow. Jennie stopped dead as Jisoo dropped out of the air on top of her and locked her hands around Jennie's throat, squeezing hard. Jennie gasped underneath her, yelling her head off.

"Jisoo stop it's me! It's me! This isn't you, snap out of it!"

"You don't know me," Jisoo growled.

Jennie jolted awake, soaked and her heart thundering. The ghost of her cries died on her lips, the trail of her tears drying up as she took in her surroundings. The apartment was silent and sunlight filtered into the living room where she slept. It was late in the morning.

Rosé and Ella weren't around; they must have already left for school.

Jennie's hand trailed up her neck, the vivid memory of Jisoo's phantom fingers squeezing her throat making her shudder. Dream Jisoo slowly faded but her words were branded into Jennie's brain now, poisoning her thoughts.

You don't know me.

Why did she have to dream that today of all days, when she was about to reunite with her girlfriend? Her anticipation fizzled as her doubts grew.

Would they really be able to go back to normal? Would they be able to pick up where they left off? Would she still love Jisoo?

Jennie resisted the urge to flop back on bed and instead hauled herself to the bathroom. The cold shower woke her up properly: she didn't have time to dwell or mope. There was work to be done, decisions to be dealt with.

She needed to get back to the gym and ask Hani for TK Beta to boost her body up for the inevitable showdown.

Tonight was their deadline to give Haein an answer on how they were going to proceed. She had to talk with Rosé before Jisoo was discharged and brought over. Hani hadn't given a precise time, but implied Jisoo's arrival would be in the afternoon.

Jennie's head buzzed with thoughts and she left the shower in a daze. When she was rummaging through the fridge to rustle up something for breakfast, Rosé returned.

"Oh, hi Jen," Rosé smiled brightly. "Had a good sleep? You looked like you needed it."

"We need to talk," Jennie said briskly, wiping her mouth after downing half a jug of mango puree. "The deadline is tonight. We need to see what we're going to do."

"Good morning to you too," Rosé laughed before she sobered and took a seat at the kitchen island. "Okay, talk. You seem to have thought about it already."

"Haven't you?"

"I have." Rosé fidgeted with her fingers. "But I don't like either option. She bowed her head, her voice bitter. "No matter how I slice it, it's never in our favour. We don't have much of a choice."