58| Sunlight & Cuddles

previously: the gang had fun at everland, jinyoung learned valuable info about jensoo and chaelisa weakness, jinyoung spoke with his father.

warning: mature

Faint and gentle rhythmic thumps against her ear roused Lisa from her sleep. As her senses slowly woke up to a new day, Lisa grew aware of the warm body she was hugging on the bed, and of a tender hand combing through her hair accompanied by soft hums, which morphed into a giggle.

"Lisa?"

The hand in her hair stopped moving and Lisa almost whined. Rosé's melodious voice came closer.

"I can see your eyes fluttering, you know."

"No," Lisa mumbled, "still sleeping." She snuggled against Rosé to make her point, grinning when she felt Rosé chuckle beneath her.

"Did I wake you up baby? I'm sorry."

"S'alright," Lisa rasped. "Your heart was beating loud."

"You heard my heart?" Rosé said in amusement. "Do I secretly have a wolf for a girlfriend or something?"

"It was beating pretty loud and fast," Lisa said, eyes still closed. She yawned, the remnants of sleep tugging at her eyelids. Though her body was all revved up to go and barely feeling any of yesterday's exhaustion from their day outing, she wanted to stretch out the morning cuddle as much as possible before starting out the day, so she didn't budge.

"Hmm it's just, I couldn't help myself. I woke up and I see this gorgeous girl sleeping on top of me. Can you blame me for having my heart all aflutter?"

Lisa couldn't help but grin wider as she felt the other girl trace her mouth. She tried to bite Rosé's finger but Rosé was quick to draw it back with a giggle. Lisa finally opened one eye, immediately assaulted by blinding sunlight streaming through the window and Rosé smiling radiantly down at her.

"Morning baby. Slept well?"

"Mmmh." 

Lisa burrowed against Rosé and with a bright chuckle, her girlfriend happily obliged to her wordless request to be held. Rosé's arms wrapped around the nape of Lisa's head, playing with the baby hairs there and Lisa sagged against her, practically purring out of contentment.

Morning cuddles were an essential to start the day and Lisa often found herself wondering how she had been going through life before without waking up in Rosé's arms.

"No hurry today," Rosé said softly as she dropped a sweet kiss on top of Lisa's head. "Ella has already left for school. We can sleep in, I'm still totally wasted after Everland yesterday. Good thing I didn't schedule any pilates."

Delighted at the prospect of a longer snooze cuddled up with her girlfriend, Lisa lifted her head and puckered up for a kiss, whereupon Rosé easily answered, cradling the back of her head as they kissed, soft and slow, savouring each other's touch as hands slipped under shirts roaming over warm skin.

When the kiss ended, Rosé had a wistful expression that did not escape Lisa.

"What is it?" she asked softly.

Rosé bit her bottom lip, making Lisa swallow shallowly at the action before Rosé seemed to come to a decision.

"I want you." 

She went on when Lisa stilled. "I love you, I love what we have and I want to make you feel good, I want to feel you. If...if you're still not on-board that's okay, I can wait. But I'm ready for you, for the next step."

Lisa closed her eyes and released a shaky breath, nervous energy thrumming in her veins at the million and one thoughts that raced through her head.