6| Sisters

Since their little gym didn't get anymore visitors until later in the day, and since Lisa and Jennie also needed their break, they usually closed for around two hours, between noon and two.

This gave them time to set things in order, clean up the Vault and make sure the showers are spotless. They showered in the gym bathrooms as well. 

Afterwards they would lock up the place before heading out to the corner diner to eat. The staff knew them well, since Jennie also worked the evening shift there.

"Here you go ladies," said the waitress, bearing their food, "party platter buffalo wings and water for missus black-eye—"

"Brings out my eye colour, don't you think?" Lisa winked but the waitress ignored her.

"—and the Ceasar salad and water for you, Jen," the young woman continued as she laid everything down on the table, "I made sure to have triple chicken helpings on the salad as usual. Enjoy." She smiled, showing her bunny teeth.

"My love, I missed you," Lisa said lovingly, eyeing the pile of chicken in front of her with drool running down her chin. "If I could marry chicken, I would. But...it's dead. And doesn't have fingers for, you know—"

"Spare us the details of your bedroom fantasies, Lisa," Jennie said dryly. The waitress snorted, hiding her face behind her hand.

"I was only gonna say, chicken doesn't have fingers to put a ring on during the wedding. Why you gotta have your mind in the gutter, unnie?" Lisa said innocently.

"Wow your sister's got a point, why you gotta be dirty-minded, Jen?" the waitress smirked at Jennie who shook her head, grinning back.

"Thanks for backing me up Nay, really appreciate it."

"The Thai Torndao," Lisa proclaimed as she snatched a chicken wing off the plate, "with the speed of a twister, watch me devour this chicken in—"

"Catch ya later, got work to do, Tornado," the waitress chuckled as she left Lisa with a chicken piece raised high in the air. 

"But I...was going to show her..." Lisa faltered.

"You're always going to show her something," Jennie shrugged, placidly chewing.

Lisa slumped in her seat and moodily started munching on her chicken.

"Nayeon still won't fall for my charms," she muttered. Jennie rolled her eyes.

"Wake up already, it's been months. She's got eyes for her manager, and I don't blame her. Unlike you, Jeongyeon looks and acts  like a sweetheart."

"Oh? And what do I look like then?" Lisa challenged thickly as she shovelled more chicken into her mouth with sauce smeared around her mouth and chin.

"Stop talking with your mouth full," Jennie scrunched her nose in disgust, "you look stupid. And for your information, most of the time you sound like some perverted, cocky macho guy in a movie. A serious turn-off for any girl, just saying."

"Seems like I'm gonna die lonely then," Lisa sighed deeply, "Nini, it's been forever since I got laid."

"And....it's my problem?" Jennie raised an eyebrow, pausing before she swallowed a forkful of lettuce.

"You're my trainer, you gotta do something!"

"Me?"

"Yes you!" Lisa exclaimed. "All the fame and glory of being a pro-fem boxer, they're supposed to make me more, I don't know, noticeable? But no, here I am, still girlfriend-less.... And I'm training day in day out, so I don't get any chance to meet any hot girl either!"

"Wow, you're welcome for working my ass off to make sure you win us money," Jennie snapped. "Go ahead, slack off. I've got my side-job anyway. Go play around, go chase girls with Momo. Get laid, be my guest. But don't come running to me when you can't get your chicken."

She continued chewing furiously under Lisa's stunned gaze.

"Jen—"

"Don't talk to me right now!" Jennie snapped irritably, banging down the fork once she finished. "You pay. I'm heading back."

And she stomped out with a face black as thunder, shoving people out of her path as she slammed the door to the café closed.

Her sister was mild-tempered but it could quickly get ugly whenever she was royally pissed.

Lisa rubbed the back of her neck in frustration.

Maybe she had taken it too far—she didn't mean to sound ungrateful at all.

Jennie worked herself to the bone to make sure they got by. Winning boxing matches was Lisa's method of contributing to their funds.

She was well aware that missing out on that prize money meant a definite pinch of the purse, even with Somi and Matthew buying them breakfast practically every morning.

Just the memory that they depended on someone to get their breakfast had Lisa's spoiled mood plummet further. She gave a wry smile.

 It always came back down to money.

She sighed and took out her wallet to count out the exact amount of their orders. Her wallet was frighteningly light by the time she finished. She swallowed and placed it in the back pocket of her ripped jeans. 

"Rough night, Lis?" said the sympathetic cashier, whose tag read Yeri.

She had mouse hair cut in a bob and a sweet smile coupled with a mischievous lilt in her voice. She pointed at Lisa's face. "Nice black-eye. Heard the Kamikaze's back in town?"

"Yep she is. And she got a girlfriend, did you know? At least she's not another gym member, Jennie would bar her from coming back to the Vault for sure this time. We've lost enough members as it is....and then Jennie complains that I'm a flirt abd harass people! I barely get half of the action Momo gets!" Lisa whined.

"Well, I'm afraid you're out of luck, I'm not paid to be your counsellor and listen to you moaning and groaning all day," Yeri chuckled as she issued Lisa's receipt. "Here you go. See you around Lis."

"Yeah," Lisa smiled, "got a pissed sister to catch up to."

"Just a regular day in the life of the Thai Tornado then," Yeri winked before slapping Lisa's wandering hands, "and hands off, unless you have a death wish. If Joy sees you right now, she'll lob your head off, no questions asked."

"Chillax, just tell her I was only admiring her...mouth work—"

She laughed when Yeri's hands flew to her neck in alarm. 

"Ha! Gotcha! But FYI, you have excellent make-up skills, there's only like a faint red mark showing."

"Get lost already," Yeri groaned.

"You love me," Lisa winked and blew Yeri a flying kiss. "Send my love to Sooyoung too, tell her get well soon and I miss seeing her. Toodles."