60| ...But Satisfaction Brought It Back

previously: jennie got snatched, jinyoung told jisoo his villain origin story, rosie and yang were waiting around and got talking about rosie's late dad.

With a massive grunt, Jennie finally flung off her attacker, both sprawling on the ground. Jennie immediately jumped to her feet again, beyond enraged, both at herself for letting her guard down, and at the attacker.

They hadn't dragged her too far, since she had put up a terrific struggle even when they clapped a hand to her mouth to stifle her shouts.

Jennie backed up now, arms up and ready to fight despite the dim light, heart thundering in her chest.

"Come fight me you little shit—"

"Shut up they're gonna hear ya—"

With a snarl, Jennie charged, heedless of anything but the person before her. Lisa may have been the actual fighter out of the two of them, but Jennie could still throw a punch when needed.

And right now, she really really needed to blast apart the guy who had the audacity to try and kidnap her.

They dodged Jennie's fists, face hidden in shadows as they attempted to trap Jennie's arms. Jennie pushed and pulled frenziedly, striking out and successfully hitting the shins of her opponent who gasped out in pain.

"Jen, stop it—"

"Huh?" In the midst of their scuffle, Jennie paused at the call of her name and dropped her arms. The figure bent over, panting.

"Who are you? How do you know my name?"

"It's me, ya idiot. Momo."

"What?"

The girl raised her face and Jennie stared, now recognising the silhouette and cut of hair—her attacker was no random guy or one of Jinyoung's minions, but her and Lisa's estranged friend.

Jennie's mouth dropped open. "What the—"

"Let's get outta here and talk somewhere else, before someone sees us," Momo said curtly.

"Momo what the hell are you doing—"

"Not now," Momo hissed and simply tugged her away, marching quickly with her head bent down. Jennie had no choice but to follow suit, still trying to comprehend the turn of events.

They walked past the vans in dead silence, with Momo only letting go of Jennie's wrist once they were closer to Rkive's entrance.

"Are you alone?" Momo asked abruptly as they walked. "Is Lisa with you?"

"Why do you care?" Jennie snorted. "Last I remember, you promised to beat my sister to death."

"Things are different now, work with me here," Momo said tersely. Hearing the edge in Momo's voice, with none of her usual snark present had Jennie relent.

"No, Lisa isn't here. I'm waiting for someone else. Momo, what the heck is going on here? And why did you try to strangle me?"

"I wasn't strangling you, I just needed to pull you away for a sec," Momo said. "I've got my car, let's talk there."

Jennie hesitated then followed after the skulking girl, figuring she had plenty of time left before Jisoo showed up again. She couldn't help but stare at Momo's back, wondering how she hadn't immediately recognised her.

Nothing much had changed about the Japanese boxer—she still had her hair in a bob, though now that Jennie looked closer in the light, it seemed whoever cut it did a poor job—the hacked strands stuck out in all directions, like Momo had just rolled out of bed. Jennie found it unusual, not least because she remembered Momo and Lisa earnestly talking about the best methods to keep their bangs in place when engaging in boxing or workouts. Momo also used to fuss a lot about keeping her bob tweaked and sleek.