56| Outing

The day before Jisoo's meeting with Jinyoung, Jennie woke up first.

/

On some days she'd tiptoe out of bed, dress quietly and go for a jog, and then drive back to the Vault with Jisoo and open early, purely out of habit's sake, because otherwise she would open the Vault whenever she made it back from Jisoo's place, or when Jisoo dropped her off to check in at work.

Irene and Seulgi usually would pop in only on Mondays but more often than not had elected to laze about in their beds (or shared a bed, as a blushing but happy Irene once informed Jennie) before Irene left for work. 

Somi also took advantage of summer holidays and preferred lazing in bed and going out with her circle of dancer friends, stopping by the Vault later in the day. Matthew basically followed his daughter's schedule like a faithful dog, though he did apparently pick up more work in summer so he didn't really come in for gym very much either.

Jennie wasn't sure if Somi suspected about her relationship with Jisoo but so far she hadn't yet heard Lisa shriek of defeat like she usually did whenever she lost a bet to her. Chaeyoung had gone with her parents to Busan, Somi informed her, and Dahyun had moved to Incheon for a summer job. 

"We're all drifting apart," Somi had whined. "Now Seulgi's gone to visit her parents, Jennie's having sleepovers with her new bestie every other night, Lisa has basically moved in with my ex-pilates instructor, Chae and Dubu have abandoned me, Dad is busy with work because summer...where does that leave me?"

"The audacity of forgetting your grandma, young lady," Lisa scolded.

"Excuse me, I'm not a grandma!" Irene said indignantly as Lisa and Somi  chortled. "And yeah, how dare you leave me out of your thoughts?"

"Face it, you're our granny and we love you," Somi tittered. "I was pulling your leg. How could I ever forget you? Oh wait, I'd have to be dead."

"Well as your granny, I suggest it's high time you focused on your own love life instead of your...unhealthy obsession with ours."

"What an idea! Now's the perfect time to pair up with that Daehwi oppar then," Lisa had winked, "have your smoochy scorching summer het romance and all. We're well into the holidays now, what you waiting for? Him to propose?" 

Somi had merely shot Lisa a withering look, but Jennie didn't miss the way she smiled after, as though actually considering the idea. 

Jennie had a secret suspicion that Somi was actually already romantically entangled but she was just stringing Lisa and the others along as payback for not telling her about their own relationships...

/

On some other days, Jennie would wake up to soft kisses on her shoulder, her neck, her spine; or else it would be warm lips softly brushing her forehead as Jisoo nuzzled her. 

Jennie couldn't always catch what she was mumbling, but one time she thought she heard Jisoo say 'jagiya'—darling—and Jennie nearly melted right through the bed.

More often than not when Jisoo woke her up like that, Jennie would turn to face her properly and they'd make love, slowly and softly, languidly exploring each other's bodies. 

It was becoming something of a ritual for them—slow, tender lovemaking in the morning, when everything was still dreamy and sleepy, and then passionate lusty boning in the evening, hard and exhilarating. 

They had even progressed to strap-on's now after a lengthy conversation to make sure Jisoo was truly okay to try those toys again, which took the experience to even more thrilling heights.