90| Negotiations

Previously:

Jinyoung sees off Jacob and Bang Chan at the airport. Siwon goes over Hani's head and gives Rosé, Jisoo and Ella to Jinyoung. Jinyoung kidnaps them. Hani and Chanyeol team up but arrive too late to save them. They resolve to work together and share a kiss. Jennie meets the Son of the Tiger, Kim Jongin. He shares his backstory and his motivation for avenging his father and rightful claim to Tiger King. He takes Jennie to stay at his penthouse apartment above his company headquarters. Then he takes her down to the basement and shows her Jacob and Bang Chan, whom he had kidnapped from the airport.

When Rosé came to, the first thing she noticed was the cold, encasing her in a cocoon of ice. 

"Wakey wakey sleeping beauty."

She watched her little breathy huffs condense as her eyes adjusted to the blinding light. As her other senses slowly started to wake up, her memories also returned and she jolted upright. She was in a small bare cell, all white with no windows. 

Her muscles protested the sudden movement but her pounding heart drowned out everything else when she realised she was alone.

Ella! Jisoo! Where were they? 

The last thing she remembered was the Jays storming into the apartment and darting her and then...nothing.

"Rosieeeee! Rosie posie! Over here."

Rosé whirled around, her skin crawling when she spotted Jinyoung waving through the door window. He seemed to be wearing a labcoat.

"Nice nap?" he asked through the intercom as she slowly stood up. "Sorry about the cold, we have to keep things chilled down here."

"Where's Ella?" Rosé said, clenching her fist as fear threatened to snatch her away in a swirl of panic. "Where the fuck is my daughter?"

"She's fine," Jinyoung said dismissively. "You'll get to see her and Jisoo too if you like, but I need to show you something first."

Rosé stepped up to the door. Jinyoung wasn't alone; there were Jays accompanying him, kitted out in their usual slate black outfits. They stood out in stark contrast to the clinical white surroundings.

Everyone but Jinyoung flinched when Rosé pressed her face to the window, glaring ferociously.

"Hani will come after us," Rosé gritted. "You've gone and done it now, you crazy fucker."

"Are you sure she will?" Jinyoung smiled. He tilted his head. "So she didn't tell you?"

When she didn't reply, he shrugged, making her heart sink. "Huh, must have slipped her mind. She has been going through a lot after all."

"Tell us what? Did she sell us out?" Rosé rasped. Her knees threatened to buckle when Jinyoung winked.

"Close. Her brother did. He wants to be friends with me, so he offered you three ladies as a gift, to let bygones be bygones and start over. Isn't that nice?"

Hot tears immediately welled up and ran down her face, as though he had slapped her. Rosé shook her head, trying to disperse the roaring in her head. Her limbs turned leaden, barely able to support her as she tottered unsteadily.

"No," she croaked. "You're lying."

Jinyoung raised an eyebrow. "Your denial won't change reality. Think about it, Thorn. You're going to hold on to a mobster's word? She kicked Jennie out and reinstated her terrorist status, and now you're surprised they handed you over to me? Since when did you turn so naive?"