27| Visitors

"Ya think Momo's gonna chicken out of the Purge this year? Did she say anything?" Lisa asked between pauses as she punched hard. "I wish she'd go in..."

Jennie backed up, dodging and feinting with the boxing pads to make it harder for Lisa to hit. "I don't know. Haven't checked the list yet. Besides they'll still be adding people during this time, she still might go in."

"Or she might give it a break," Lisa puffed, "until whatever's going on with Dahyun settles down—OY!"

"Keep your eyes open," Jennie warned as she lashed out with her foot again but this time Lisa avoided it easily.

At intervals Jennie stuck her foot out to keep her sister alert and nimble on her feet. Lisa had fully recovered from the humiliating first  pilates session and she was raved up and ready to go in for her third tomorrow on Monday.

 As with every Sunday afternoon, the Vault was drearily empty. 

"I was really banking on Somi's plan working at least a little bit," Lisa grunted at length. "Weekends without matches to look forward to are so boring too..."

"So you mentioned at least five times in the last half hour alone," Jennie replied, unblinking as Lisa pressed forward, her gloves a blur flying through the air. Lisa didn't reply again as she focused on her work-out instead. Jennie had suggested easing up already, but Lisa insisted she would ease up later. 

When that 'later' was supposed to happen, Jennie wasn't sure, but for now she relented—there was nothing to entertain themselves with anyway until Jennie left for her double shift, so she reasoned they might as well get in some work done.

"—thirty, thirty-one, thirty-two—" Jennie counted. The loud slap and thuds of the glove hitting the pad's material echoed all around them. Sweat dripped off their bodies, more so Lisa who was going at it hard.

"Switch!" Jennie called, having Lisa change her punching technique every ten minutes. "Now dodge! And again! And again! Again! Again!" Jennie punctuated every word with a swipe at Lisa's head while Lisa either bent or dodged to avoid the attack. 

"Press-ups, jump to it! Time starts now!"

Lisa obediently fell into position and started pumping up and down, breathing quick but deep with rapid snorts as she exhaled in bursts. Jennie kept an eye on the timer.

"Okay, keep up that tempo, good, good. I'm gonna slip into the bathroom real quick, I'll be back. You got this?"

Lisa grunted in answer and continued pushing up and down on the ground as Jennie left. She trusted Lisa to keep count in her head—if her sister slacked off, the only person who would suffer the consequences of laziness would be Lisa herself.

Lisa was too absorbed in her workout to notice that the door to the Vault had been pushed open until a blaring voice shouting her name had her  face-planting in shock.

"Lisa!"

The boxer raised her face, barely able to believe her eyes as she watched the three visitors approach, with the one who called waving energetically.

"Long time no see Lis! Oh wait did we interrupt your workout crap is this a bad time to be here we'll just head out and come back—"

"No no not at all!" Lisa stood up in haste. "It's the perfect time I just wasn't expecting anyone and I'm...kinda sweaty, heh..."

"Eh don't sweat it, we all been there," Jisoo chuckled as she thumped her back enthusiastically, "and that's what we're here for after all!" She flexed in her tracksuit, her immaculate raven hair tied up in a high ponytail.