88| Old Friends, New Faces

Previously:

jensoo have some tender moments together. jennie conspired with chanyeol to expose the tiger king story to the press and bring down the dasoni but she didn't tell chaesoo. she intended to shoulder the burden alone. haein is killed by tiger king. hani  discovers the extent of jennie's plans through jinyoung  and kicks jennie out of the dasoni by slashing her tattoo. she drops jennie off at a park. however she keeps chaesoo and ella. chanyeol was MIA. jinyoung plans to have tiger king face rosie and possibly ella to eradicate any chance of emotional triggers.

By the time Chanyeol pulled up to the Dasoni safehouse, he knew he was going to be too late. 

The question was, would he walk into another bloody massacre like with the Kwon twins? 

He was still in disbelief at how quickly Hani had disposed of him: one moment he had been holding her as she bawled, the next she had flipped him on his stomach, dug out his handcuffs and shackled him like some hapless burglar. The sudden turn of events had him disoriented.

"Hani what the—"

"Don't," she gritted out, making him go still. "I just don't want you meddling for the next couple of hours. I have work to do. I'll make sure to free you when I'm done."

The grief in her voice was palpable, but Chanyeol knew that her wrath would return: now that Hani knew about the plan to expose the Tiger King story, the girls were in danger, particularly Jennie.

"Don't do this. I can cooperate. I won't...I won't call the authorities if you don't want—"

She pulled at the handcuffs, making him gasp as his arms twisted.

"I need to have a chat with Jennie, alone," she said right in his ear. His blood ran cold at the dark edge to her tone.

"Leave that woman alone. I was the one to approach her, I told her—"

"Don't insult my intelligence, Channie. She asked to see you. She's behind all this," Hani gritted out. "Now sleep."

"What—"

A hard pinch to the side of his neck and he was out like a light. 

He jerked awake in a dark and cramped place, quickly realising it was a car trunk.

"Dasoni!" he bellowed, kicking and struggling. "Help! Someone help!"

Ironically, he couldn't radio for help because he needed his hands for that, which were still in handcuffs, and quite sore. He hissed as pins and needles attacked his stiff limbs.

"Help! Anybody!"

He managed to regain enough of his wits to kick out the headlight, gasping as he breathed in lungfuls of fresh air.

But it wasn't that fresh: when he examined what he could see from the hole, all he saw was a wall, dimly lit by fluorescent light. He was still in the parking garage. 

Before he could inhale to yell again, Chanyeol heard footsteps approaching.

"Help! In here! I'm trapped!"

"We know, Detective," called a man's voice, approaching at a leisurely pace. "Your time out is done."

Chanyeol squinted up at the two men that opened the trunk.

"You must have needed the nap, we've been waiting a while," said the man who had responded to his cries for help. "Boss said you're free to go once you wake up. Here, let me take those off."

"And don't worry about calling for clean-up," piped up his partner as they helped him out of the trunk and the handcuffs. "Boss took care of it."

Of course she did.