64| Omens

previously:  lisa has been getting bad dreams, jenlisa went shopping but squabbled over date locations, jisoo confessed (her love) to jennie, momo is worried about dahyun and asks jennie to intervene.

"Detective?" 

Chanyeol lifted his head with an exasperated growl. "What now?"

The officer winced and Chanyeol couldn't blame him—he knew he looked rough. Working on the Slammer security guards murder case, trying to hunt down Yang Hyunsuk as well as chasing leads on Tiger King, Jennie and Lisa left him with little time to sleep except when his brain forcefully clocked out on him.

"Uh, it's her again...you know."

Chanyeol glanced at the clock, which read just past 3 pm, rubbed his eyes and pushed his chair back, grumbling. "I swear, the higher-ups keep pushing me just because of Sooman, hoping I'll snap under pressure. And believe me they're not far off," he said bitterly as he followed after the officer and stopped in front of the holding cell. "What is it this time? Surprise me."

"Uh, reckless driving under influence, sir."

"And how does that fall under my criminal investigation jurisdiction, exactly?" Chanyeol said, doing his utmost to stay calm.

The officer shifted on his feet. "She...she asked to see you?"

"Of course," Chanyeol said sarcastically, "I bet she wants autographs too this time."

He barged into the room without another glance back and dropped into the chair unceremoniously. "What do you want, Dasoni?" he barked at the woman sitting across of him. "I don't have time for this shit."

"Channieeeeee hi, I missed you!" the woman burbled. As usual, she looked alert despite claims to the contrary, or else she sobered up remarkably quickly. Her hair was in its usual sleek, shiny bob, not a hair out of place. Chanyeol sometimes wondered if it was a wig—it sat too unnaturally smooth on her head.

Chanyeol slammed his fist on the table. "Listen here, lady, I'm sick and tired of you barging in here to interrupt me from my work. You've had your fun, now get out of my sight."

"Oh Channie, you're overworking yourself again. You look like a panda. And when was the last time you shaved? You have a little 5 o'clock shadow," she tutted, breaking off with a giggle. "I thought it's been a while since I visited so I dropped by. How are you doing, really?"

Chanyeol pinched the bridge of his nose before his good senses deserted him entirely. 

Taunting him by flaunting the law and doing as she pleased was one thing, but deliberately waltzing into police headquarters to flirt and then waltzing out again a few hours later just because she had the money and power had him raving. 

"We're done here."

"But you still have to write the DUI report and I got to have my bail bond to get me out," she said innocently, though her smile was anything but innocent.

"You're not even drunk. I doubt there was a crash to begin with," Chanyeol grunted. "You probably just bribed the officer on patrol to  bring you in here."

"Always so smart, Detective Park," she laughed.

Chanyeol sighed and shook his head. According to records, she was around his age, and even finished tertiary education so she wasn't dumb, but you wouldn't have guessed from her antics. She was a weird one, probably got off on being handcuffed, or had some police fantasy, or a cop uniform fetish. 

He wasn't going to delve into all that, not when she preened and tried so hard to get him to look at her, puffing her chest and tilting her head, eyes half-lidded in what she probably thought looked seductive.