83| The Darkest Hour

Previously:  the rescue mission to extract lisa from the slammer showcase went terribly wrong, with the Kwon twins' betrayal coming to light. Jennie is tortured by jinyoung, where several revelations happen as well. rosie is given the antidote by jackson, who is shot in front of her by youngdeuk. jennie and rosie battle in the arena, facing yoongi and taehyung respectively. jennie kills yoongi and is knocked out by jinyoung. rosie fails to get lisa back. hani and chanyeol retrieve chaennie and run.

warning: graphic depictions of violence

Jennie....Jennie...

Jennie blinked her eyes open, smiling to see Jisoo smiling back from above her. Sunlight filtered through the treetops in the park.

Sleepy today, Jisoo teased as Jennie stretched.

It's a nice day out. And you're so comfortable, Jennie said, feeling Jisoo's legs shake beneath her head as she laughed.

Okay then carry on sleeping. I just wanted to tell you something, but it can wait, Jisoo said.

Tell me what? Jennie said.

You really want to know? Jisoo said.

Of course. What piece of trivia you got this time? Jennie asked sleepily.

I belong to Jinyoung now, Jisoo said.

What? Jennie said.

Jisoo turned to Jinyoung, who was suddenly sitting shoulder to shoulder with her, wearing his smug smile. His eyes flashed black in the bright light.

I won, Jen. She's mine now, Jinyoung sneered.

They turned their faces to each other as Jennie stared, frozen in place. Jinyoung's eyes never left Jennie as he leaned in, brushing noses with Jisoo, mouths parting, tongues brushing—

Jennie woke up kicking and screaming. 

"DON'T TOUCH HER YOU FILTHY PIG YOU'RE DEAD YOU'RE DEAD YOU SICK FUCK—"

"Jennie!"

"Jeez christ!"

Hands grabbed her wrists, holding on grimly as Jennie shrieked her head off. 

"Jen, Jen, it's alright, it's over! It's just a bad dream!"

"Ace, snap out of it, come on!

"I couldn't save her!" Jennie sobbed, lashing out blindly. "God, I couldn't even save her!"

"Get a hold of yourself!"

A hard slap and Jennie jolted upright, heaving as she came face to face with a haggard Rosé and a dishevelled Hani.

"Jisoo!" Jennie sobbed. The disturbing scene was branded into her brain; she knew she'd never forget it. "He kept touching her!"

"It's alright," Rosé said softly. "She's safe now."

"Where?" Jennie's eyes darted everywhere, her grip tightening as panic settled on her like a soaking wet blanket. "Where is she?! Tell me where she is—"

"Fucking calm down or I'll slap you again!" Hani roared, making Jennie fall mute. To her horror, her lips started to tremble. Jennie ducked her head before she burst into tears like a baby.

"Jisoo..." she whimpered.

Her head ached, her face was numb, her whole body was sore and her heart was a shattered empty husk. It was a wonder she was able to cry at all.