65| Trouble in Paradise

previously: chanyeol is warned about snooping around too much, chaelisa discuss date locations, jennie asks somi to contact dahyun on behalf of momo, dahyun is still jinyoung's hostage, they have a chat and she asks to see tiger king.

The dream sequence went like this:

the chiming of a clock woke Lisa up. She heaved and coughed as though she had been submerged underwater to the point of running out of oxygen, heart thudding like cannon fire. she had been lying  on a pavement somewhere, and people were beating her senseless, the blows cruel and relentless, and she had been helpless to stop them. but more terrifying was the fact that when she turned to look at the people beating her, they all stared back, wearing her face, yellow eyes glaring balefully.

and that's when terror seized her and she woke up.

but her reprieve didn't last long as invisible arms slammed her to a chair and gagged her whilst she struggled to escape,  arms bound behind her back. Blood splattered everywhere (where was it even coming from?) and they pulled a hood over her head as she screamed around the gag in her mouth. 

she thought she had left it all behind but they had caught up to her again. There truly was no escape from the past. She thrashed furiously but the ropes only kept tightening around her until she could no longer feel her limbs

then just as suddenly, the hood was ripped off and Lisa came face to face with herself, eyes flashing yellow. Lisa tried to scream but no sound came out.

the other lisa only gave a single cruel smirk before she pulled her fist back and then she was pounding her like no tomorrow, battering her face, her body, teeth rattling in her head as her nose spurted fountains of blood and Lisa vomited with every kick and punch to the ribs, a gush of putrid yellow acid splattering to the ground.

 and Lisa could only sit there and take it, shouting herself hoarse but nobody came to save her. and how could they? nobody could stop the monster that snarled and snapped beneath her skin, itching for release.

she wanted to black out and fade away but the pain kept coming, rivers of blood pooling around her legs and rising up as high as her shin as the other lisa beat her to a pulp and mangled her body with her bloody fists as she splashed around in the sea of blood. 

then the other lisa tipped her chair back with a powerful  flying kick to Lisa's chest and she fell back with a soundless scream. the other lisa tossed a cloth over her face and then the water started to seep in, liquid dampness that had Lisa gasping gurgling and drowning as she thrashed and squirmed....

she awoke with a cough and a heave, her heart pounding like cannons mid-siege with the vivid echoes of her terrified screams still ringing in her ears. 

then she noticed her clothes were soaked and the sheets on her bed were drenched clean.

Rosie, where was Rosie?

and then the powerful smell of fuel reached her nose and Lisa reeled. she was covered in gasoline! 

and then in the corner of the room, a figure cloaked in shadows stood, watching her, a smoking cigarette between their fingers. Lisa couldn't see their face or make out who they were, but somewhere deep in her bones, she knew: it was the same shadow of fear that whispered in her ear, the shadow who once owned her, and the terror mounted.

"no no no this isn't happening you're gone, you can't hurt me, it's over," Lisa whispered but the shadow didn't reply as it dropped the cigarette directly in a puddle of gasoline.