8| Before

If Lisa thought that she and Jennie were okay now, she was in for an unpleasant surprise.

"Curl up tighter jeez! And what is that half-assed crunch? Look at your abs, I can barely see them under all the chub!" Jennie was scolding three hours later after their talk.

The short trainer stood by, tapping her fingers impatiently against her waist as Lisa lunged and squatted, jumped and lifted, grunted and puffed, running from one station to the next to complete the set in the shortest time possible.

Lisa was doing her second round of exercises for the day, although supposedly it would have been the third if you included the morning run.

"Well excuse me, we did just have lunch a few hours ago!" Lisa huffed as she sat up. "Can't you go pick on Somi? Or Chaeyoung?"

"Don't look at me!" Somi yelled from her corner. "It's your fault for being lazy!"

"Lazy? Who you calling lazy, brat?" Lisa demanded, pushing aside one of the tyres they used for heaving over as she marched straight towards the younger girl.

 Somi abandoned the papers she was holding and immediately ran to hide behind her friend Chaeyoung.

"Protect me unnie!" Somi squealed in faux distress as she threw her arms around the boxer.

"Get off me, punk, just taekwondo her or something!" wheezed Chaeyoung but Somi didn't relent.

"Did I mention how fluffy and cute your pixie haircut makes you?" Somi cooed as she patted the girl's soft brown hair.

"Oh now that you're in trouble, you're buttering me up?" Chaeyoung snorted, "what happened to 'you look too butch for Mina' huh?"

"My bad, Mina adores you anyway!" Somi squeaked.

Chaeyoung snorted and continued to pummel the punching bag as best as she could with a human koala clinging to her.

"Lisa stop slacking and get back here!" Jennie shouted.

Lisa ignored her sister's yells as she approached the two girls with a sinister grin on her face.

"Come on brat, say that again to my face," she challenged.

"I'm too young to die! Boo hoo hoo!"

"The good die young, Somi my friend," Lisa intoned, "and your day has come!"

"Unnies she's gonna kill me!"

"Where's your black belt gone hmm?" Chaeyoung smirked.

Lisa feinted a right then left while Somi swung around Chaeyoung's neck to avoid her, giggling hilariously.

"Come on chicken-breath, catch me before I break Chaeng's neck!"

"Oh, you're in for it now missy—"

"Lisa!" Jennie whacked the side of Lisa's head hard, throwing her to the ground. "Can't you leave people alone for once? Some of them are trying to focus. unlike you!"

"Just a little bit of...fun..." Lisa muttered and then stiffened when she realised her slip of tongue. 

Jennie's eyes narrowed.

"Fun," she repeated coldly, "what did we just talk about back there?" She pointed at the ceiling, indicating their attic.

"Being serious," Lisa said sullenly, rubbing her ear.

"Great to know you still have a working memory then," Jennie retorted and turned away. "When you feel like it, start on the speed punching and then get to skipping. Got that? I'm going to get ready for my shift."