Chapter 43: All That Time That Has Gone By

Sting's POV

We went back to Sabertooth after the bizarre encounter with the girl. We were all pretty shaken up. We looked for Minerva or Rufus. We saw Minerva, first, so we decided to ask her about it. Soon Rufus, Orga and Yukino appeared out of nowhere and listened to the conversation as it could help in the Grand Magic Games.

We told everything to her in detail. Every little incident. Others were pretty shaken as we were after listening in to the conversation.

"After listening, the only person that comes to mind. If memory serves right, there was a girl from FairyTail, as you mentioned. Her name was Y/n L/n. She was known as the Dragon Princess as she had dragon-slaying powers like no other. She could control more than one element. But after they departed for their S-class trials for the guild, all of them went missing and the island they were supposedly in, disappeared as if it was never there. But I have heard a rumour today about the return of the missing mages of FairyTail. And now I think it might be true," Rufus explained.

"I don't understand why you guys are so frightened. Didn't we hear the same thing? The FairyTail was the number one guild, but not anymore. Some of the members might have returned, but they lost seven whole years. On the other hand, Sabertooth has not. The other members are FairyTail are nothing compared to us. Now about that girl, she must be strong, but as you said, she is not able to use her magic properly. Her magic is now going berserk, and we need to take this as an opportunity to destroy her. We have more info on them than they have on us. This girl might be a problem, but if we make proper strategies, she won't be a threat any longer," Minerva said, confidently.

Y/n's POV

I have been having a bad feeling after being back. I fought with Natsu. My magic is going berserk. My dad thinks he killed me, and he does not care. I don't know what worse could happen. Well, I could kill someone if my magic continues to be this way.

I sighed. It was already noon. We were on our way to the Magic Council to confirm my return and talk about a few stuff that had taken place in my absence. To be honest, I had no idea if I was still a zero-wizard saint. Master had already confirmed our return to the Magic Council, but as a fellow Wizard Saint, I had my duties. They had called me today to set up a meeting for who knows what.

I walked in. People were looking at me like I was a ghost. I understand why that would be a shock. I straight went for the regular meeting room. Jura was already in there. He looked at me and expressed his relief that I was fine. Soon, most of the members were there. Turns out it was a special meeting for me as an irreplaceable member of the Magic Council, and it was to fill me up on all I had missed.

"Umm... so Jellal Fernandez has gained his memory back and has been released after staying his time on jail. He has a formed an independent guild, dedicated to driving away from the evil in the world caused by the Dark Guilds and Zeref. The members are unknown, but the leader and founder are, in fact, Jellal Fernandez," Jura said.

"Wait, really? He is released? And has formed a what...guild?" I said in shock. That was a lot of information. First, I had lost seven years, and I just realized how much had changed. Our guild was now a small tavern and now this? I mean, I am happy for him. He has grown so much, and he is now free. But it just felt as if everyone had moved on in their life except us. Everyone in the room seemed stronger. It only felt like a night's sleep, and now, it was as if I was in a different world with the same people. But it was no time to be selfish. I was more than glad Jellal was finally in a good place.

The meeting was very long. They talked about their accomplishments from the last seven years and their goals for this year. They had many jobs for me so I ended up telling them that the lost seven years had affected my magic. And I was no longer able to control it for the moment. And I told them that my priority was to stabilize my magic and I would help them in their mission to exterminate the rising Dark Guilds.

It was already evening, and I was tired. I decided to go back home. Mini was waiting for me in the waiting room.

"Were you waiting for me this long?" I asked her.

"Kinda'. I did go outside for some while,"

"Oh,"

"Do you wanna go back home? You look tired,"

"Yeah. Lots of information," I said.

"Like what?"

"I can't tell all of it, but there's one thing I need to tell you. Jellal gained his memories back. He has been released from jail and has started an independent guild,"

"What, really?"

"Yeah. It was a shocker for me, too. I am happy for him,"

"Yeah. Me too. A lot has changed. I hope it's all good changes,"

"Me too,"

We went back home, and I went straight to sleep.

Next day ~

"Sit down," Master said. I nodded.

"Are you going to ask me questions about him or something?" I asked.

"Actually, no. I want to ask questions about you. I am probably the only one expect Mini who knows about your real dad. So, whatever you're feeling about what happened on the island, you're free to share," he said in a concerned voice.

I looked down. My bangs were covering my eyes.

"I...I am fine. Thank you," I said, trying to stand up.

"Y/n. Please. Keeping your feelings inside you isn't gonna help you," he said.

"Then what do you want me to say? Huh? My dad is like a totally different person. He recognized me and had no problem killing me. I...I don't know how to feel, okay? I just feel so confused. I didn't expect this to happen. I didn't think the next time we met each other he would...he would try to kill me. I...I just need time. It's just too hard. And the fact, that seven years have gone by, and it's all just like a dream and I can't...I just don't understand what's going on," I looked up to him and started shouting at first, but slowly my voice lowered as I started explaining how I actually felt.

"How can I help?" he said worriedly.

"I...I don't know. I'm sorry, it's just...it's been so hard to think right. I feel so confused. It's like living a nightmare. The more I think about it, the worse it gets,"

"It's okay. Just remember we're here for you whenever you need us, we'll be there. Anytime," he said. I smiled.

"And there's another thing. My magic hasn't been working well since we've been back. The seven years that we were gone seems to have had an impact. I would like to take some for training,"

"That's fine. But please, don't overstress and take care of yourself. Mini, please stay by her side and if there is any problem, any problem at all, contact me, and I will be there right away. I hope you know that. And all the best for your training. Do your best, my child,"

"Thanks, Gramps," I smiled. He always knew what to say. I had calmed down a bit. Mini was grinning. She probably sensed me relaxing a bit.

I closed the door behind me as I walked down the stairs.

There is not much in this chapter but actually helps you understand what Y/n is feeling. I hope you like it. Please vote and have a great day. Thanks for reading and the 6.5K views.