Chapter 86: The Last Fight

Y/n's POV

Maybe he found pleasure in the fact that I was crying. I was still struggling. But how could I? Why did it have to be so cruel? Why did he have to turn out like this? This is really too cruel. No one should have to experience something like this.

I wish, just for one moment, I could turn off my emotions and end this in a second. I know I'm being selfish but if there was an easy out, I would take it.

"Didn't expect we would meet like but here we are, father," I smiled, pushing back the tears. I tried to sound clever but my red eyes and facial expression betrayed me.

He only laughed as an answer.

"Tell me, do you feel ashamed to be known as my daughter? Is that why you ran away and joined hands with Zeref? Because you didn't want to face the humans? Is that it?"

"This really shows how little you know of me. I'm hurt, actually. Maybe I should just shut your mouth for the time being,"

I quickly threw a beam attack at him while I nodded at Natsu. Behind us were all the dragon slayers trapped inside a crystal. Natsu rushed to call out to them in a desperate resort to free them. He used his fire magic on the crystal as I dealt with Acnologia.

He laughed as my spells did nothing on him. He was my father. I should have known petty tricks weren't gonna work on him. If I really wanna put an end to this, I need to go all out with the little time I have left.

"Let's just end this quick, shall we?"

"You really think you can. Fine, then, show me what you can. Show me the true powers of the Empress and I'll show you the power of Dragons," he laughed maniacally.

I felt power surge through my body. I felt my sense sharpen. I felt myself get stronger as I embraced everything, every power there is to this world.

What was my motive? To kill him.

As my emotion blended with my power, my eyes turned red as if blood was dripping through them. It looked as though I just cried tears. My fangs were not as long but just enough to pop out.

I wanted to smile. I wanted to cry. I wanted to end it all. Just for an instant, I wanted to let my emotions take the better of me. I wanted to show him what he would get for messing with my family. My real family. The family who has never betrayed me. The family who has been there for me from thick and thin. It's the least I could do for them. Bring them peace. By killing my father.

My hair was dark black, the darkest black could go. It was short just above my shoulder without any waves, straight as it could be.

My lips looked red like I'd just sucked someone's blood.

My outfit was black.