Chapter 69: The Empress is Back!

Natsu's POV

The way she spoke. The way words rolled out of her mouth. The way she looked at you. The way she smiled. The way she walked. It was different. It all screamed being sadistic.

She was different than Y/n, way different, yet they bonded.

I was afraid of her, more like terrified. She was made up of all Y/n's deepest negative emotions. But she was Y/n. Even if I denied it, she was. Seeing how strong those negative emotions were, scared me. I could feel it; the guilt, anger, sadness, everything. It came pouring from Valerie's magic.

"You need to stop looking at me like that. It makes me cringe. I already have to be accompanied by you and now the staring. Turn away before you find your eyeballs missing from a thick skull of yours," she said in a venomous tone.

It was weird how her mood quickly changed. One moment, she was laughing like a maniac while throwing sarcastic comment, and the next moment, she was willing to kill you even when you dared to breathe.

"Can you ever be nice?" I blurted out.

She looked at me. Oops, she was mad.

Suddenly, she stopped.

She rolled her eyes in annoyance, "Can your friends handle anything?"

A black puddle similar to what Erza came from earlier appeared beneath us, pulling us in it. We soon appeared in front of Lucy, Wendy and Carla.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked.

"Isn't it obvious?" Lucy said. Her eyes moved to Valerie, "Oh, you saved Y/n. Good job!"

"If it isn't Valerie L/n," the same monster guy from before whose name I believe was Franmalth appeared.

Valerie smirked. Someone loved fighting. Well, again, so do I.

That was when I noticed there was another enemy. One looked like an insect; Franmalth and the other was like a skeleton.

"Two of the Nine Demon Gates at once. Let's see how strong you guys are," she licked her lips.

Suddenly, Gray appeared. So, the whole gang is here, eh?

"I guess, let's do that," Gray smirked.

I walked ahead with a grin. Finally, some fight.

"Though, I'm not expecting you guys to win. I'm not obliged to help you, you know. Is anyone here a sky dragon slayer?" she asked.

"Umm...I am," Wendy replied.

"I didn't wanna bye so fast. But, guess it's time to go," she closed her eyes and fell to the ground.

I rushed to catch her. As I held her, my eyes widened when I noticed the blood in my hand. She was covered in blood.

"Wendy, heal her," I said, but it was more like an order.

Wendy nodded and started healing her while the rest of us started battling.

Our battle didn't seem to be going nice, but luckily Y/n was healed. She was tortured but nothing too major, like there were no deep and fearful wounds.

Y/n woke up, catching her head.

"What happened?" she said.

"Well, your sister came and...kind of helped us," I said.

"Wait...sister? You mean...what?" Lucy said as she summoned her spirits; Aries and Taurus.

"Valerie took over," I said while blocking Franmalth's attack.