Chapter 49: GMG (Day 3)

(Picture above: Raven Tail)

Y/n's POV

The 3rd day of the Games began. I couldn't wait for it to be over so I could go back home. Today's guest was Lahar from the Council. I could see Doranbolt in the crowd, too. I had a feeling they were there to watch us.

The third event is introduced as "Pandemonium". Erza volunteered from Team A, so I volunteered for Team B. I wasn't gonna let her have all the limelight. I smirked at her. She smirked back. Now, I was excited. I had a feeling that this was going to go well.

I saw Jellal's absence in the stadium. It probably was due to Lahar's presence. As we all gathered, the pumpkin-head guy explained the next event. Pandemonium referred to a giant building that consisted of monsters classed from D to S. The S-class monsters were qualified enough to rival a Wizard Saint. The rules were simple; each contestant would go in the building and defeat each monster for a certain number of points. We can select the number of monsters we wish to fight, but the class of the monster would be random.

Someone asked what would happen when we lose. The judge said the previous victories would still be counted, and they will be eliminated as such. The game would go on until the 100 monsters in the Pandemonium are defeated, or everyone's magic power ran out.

The person who goes first is decided by the choosing of straws. The one who chooses the short straw got to go first. I choose a straw and compare it with the others.

"Erza Scarlet of FairyTail A has won the shortest straw, giving her the chance to go first," the announcer said. I groaned. Anyone except Erza would be fine. But Erza? She was a monster. I won't get to fight any of those monsters in the Pandemonium and here I was thinking it was going to be a piece of cake.

"I would like to challenge all the 100 monsters," Erza declared, shaking the whole crowd to a state of shock and disbelief.

"Of course, you would," I mocked her. She smirked at me.

"Come on, Y/n, cheer up. I'm sure she can't defeat all of them. You'll get a chance to fight them, too," Hibiki said with a smile.

"I won't," I said, losing all hope as Erza prepared to enter.

And, sure enough, I was right. Erza defeated all of them in an instant. The announcer and the whole crowd were now looking at her as if she was a monster. I rolled my eyes at her as she chuckled in her victory.

"So, now, what are the rest of us supposed to do? Are there more monsters?" I asked with slight hope.

"Uhhh...we didn't expect such a situation to occur. But we have prepared a new event for the rest of the participants called MPF. You must all attack the Magic Power Finder over here. The device will record and display the level of Magic used. Erza Scarlet of FairyTail A has already won the first place so the rest of the ranks will be ranked according to the highest to the lowest number obtained," the announcer said.

I pouted, "I wanted to fight the monsters, too,"

"I don't think this is a bad idea, either. Please, ready your strongest spell cause I have grown way stronger than before, Miss Empress," Jura said.

"Yeah, me too," Hibiki smiled.

"Don't underestimate me, too, Y/n sis," Milliana purred.

I tilted my head, accessing the situation. The rest of the other contestants were looking at me, too.

I smirked, showing my fangs, "Count me in, too. I'll finish all of you,"

They smirked back at me with confidence. I was now even more excited.