Chapter 11: Jellal's Plan

Lucy's POV

Gray sheds his shirt asking where Natsu is, suddenly Natsu's signature flame breath appears in a distance before he starts yelling about how it was rude for someone to shoot inside his mouth. Natsu runs out of the casino, wanting revenge, while all of us follow him since Natsu has a keen sense of smell and can lead them to Erza and Y/n.

I can't help but be worried. The way they acted after noticing those guys that kidnapped them was like as if they've known them their whole life. And they were pretty strong. I know for a fact that if they tried maybe they could defeat those guys but what surprises me is the fact that they didn't even put up a fight.

We are currently travelling by canoe to the Tower of Heaven. Gray is saying that we are lost while Natsu is puking his guts out. I wrinkle my nose in disgust. I hope even though all his sickness, he can still use his sense of smell properly to find Y/n and Erza.

"I can't believe even Y/n and Erza got defeated. Aren't they the strongest in Fairy Tail?" Juvia says, in surprise which irritates Gray who refuses to accept that they lost. "Please, you need to calm down. If you think about it we don't know more about Y/n nor Erza's past since they don't know much about Erza" I point out while they nod in realization. Soon, we see a tower ahead of us as we continue sailing towards it.

3rd person's POV

At the Tower Of Heaven, Jellal sits on his throne as a mildly muscular man distinguished by his extremely long black hair walks in. "Both Erza and Y/n were successfully captured" he reports.

"If you don't mind me asking, I can understand about the dragon girl but why didn't you kill Erza Scarlett when you had the chance? You could easily kill her" he questions.

Jellal laughs to himself. "I didn't kill her then because she is going to be a sacrifice to the tower and Zeref's resurrection.

Happy's POV

I wake up in Millianna's room to find myself surrounded by stuffed cats, cat pillows and a sleeping Mini. Where am I?

I start looking around for Natsu or maybe Y/n. I shake Mini trying to wake her up. She slowly opens her eyes, yawning. "How are you?" a cat-like girl asks, after hearing Mini's yawn. "Who are you? And where is Natsu?" I ask, shocking her. I wonder why maybe because I can talk, no, that's not it. She is weird! Mini seemed to realize that we were kidnapped.

Another guy then enters telling her and this other guy in the room. "Erza and Y/n have escaped. They are probably looking for Jellal" he informs as they all set out to find them.

Natsu's POV

I am worried about Y/n and Erza. Where are they? What have they done to Erza and Y/n? If I see a single scratch on their body, these guys are up for a bad beating from me.

We are currently standing outside this tower. I can smell both of them; they are together. We were thinking of some way to get inside since there are too many guards. "We can go through the underwater entrance" Juvia suggests. She produces water helmets to give us oxygen while underwater.

The plan was pretty good but soon the guards spot us we defeat them easily as a door leading to the inside of the tower opens for us.

3rd Person's POV

In the throne room, Vidaldus asks Jellal why he is letting enemies enter. Jellal just claims that everything is a game to him and that they just passed a level. At the Council, Siegrain can gain one more , which leaves him with two more votes needed to use Etherion and blow up the Tower of Heaven so that the R-System is not released.

Once we get in, Lucy starts changing into the clothes that gave her. More enemies start running towards us. I was getting fired up to fight them until Erza and Y/n show up and defeating all of them, asking about Jellal's whereabouts to those defeated guards. They seemed surprised to see us. I was glad they were alright.

"Why are you here? Go back. This is too dangerous. It is our problem and we'll deal with it" Erza protests while Y/n stands there unable to say anything. I refuse. "No, we can't leave you two. It's not only your fight since they messed with you two it is now all of our fights and also Happy and Mini are taken too" I say causing Y/n to frown. "Mini and Happy have been taken too!?" she asks as we nod. Then Y/n decides to tell us everything she knew about the R-System much to Erza's dissatisfaction.

"A cult tried to build a tower to resurrect the fearful and terrifying Dark Mage Zeref by using the R-system, also known as Tower of Heaven. They used slaves to build it, and Erza and I happened to be one of them along with Wally, Shô, Millianna, Jellal, and Simon. Typhon came to take after defeating half of their numbers asking for me so they took me to him and that's how he saved me. The others thought I died and later Erza came. So, we never met in the Tower of heaven" I signalled Erza to continue. She sighs. I tell them I have to go somewhere but I didn't. I mean I had to save Mini and confront Jellal but I didn't want them asking why I didn't return.

Natsu's POV

"One day, after an escape attempt, we were taken to the dungeons and tortured with such severity that I lost my right eye. Jellal arrived to save me saying that we had to fight to survive and he was rambling about how he couldn't save Y/n when she was taken and didn't do anything at the time I didn't know it was Y/n, but then we were caught by another guard and received a beating, while I was sent back to the prison. Then, Jellal was possessed by what he believed was the Dark Mage Zeref, which greatly altered his former kind personality to a more violent one, making him almost completely insane. No longer able to take the abuse, I attacked the guards and started a revolution which at its inception appeared to be successful. The sudden presence of Mages, however, began to dampen the slavers' chances at victory, and all seemed lost the moment a Magic blast came towards me, until Grandpa , another slave that was forced to work on the R-System, interfered, saving me, but sacrificing his life while doing so. To see Rob, who had nurtured me in the manner of a grandfather, blown to dust in an attempt to save my pitiful life as I remembered Grandpa Rob telling me what is Magic and that it came from the heart, I awakened my Magic. In a vengeful fury, I manipulated all kinds of weapons and tools like pickaxes and shovels in her proximity and sent a barrage of steel at her captives; in that moment of rage she ended the revolution, defeating all my enemies" she said, between sobs.

"While the others went on the boat to go home, I went back in the dungeons to look for Jellal who was already possessed by Zeref, he attacked me, telling me this insane stuff about "true freedom" and he told me to run away so he wouldn't kill anyone else. I was scared. I didn't know what to do so I ran away without saying goodbye"

Erza wipes her tears and claims she will be the one to face Jellal.