Chapter 24: Monster?

Y/n's POV

"So, come on, tall. I heard you passed out. So, what did you see?" I inquired.

"I prefer, we talk about this someplace else," he suggested.

"Your wish is my command," I said.

We were at a café, sitting opposite each other.

"Wow, perfect place. No one is gonna hear us. Smart!" I said, the words laced with sarcasm.

He rolled his eyes.

"So, listen, you remember, The Phantom Lord fight? You fainted? It was unusual. It was because you never heard the real story," he said. That was right. It didn't make sense. I don't usually just pass out like that, and I didn't remember using that much magic, that would cause me to collapse like that. There was something wrong, and I hadn't figured out what.

"Yeah, go on," I said, listening carefully.

"Well, you went overboard. You did blackout, but you didn't blackout. It wasn't you; it was, it was a monster. It killed Jose and tried to kill me. It was like you were possessed. You were not you. There was no life in your eyes. And it scared me. The first time, I felt something, called fear. And, then, later, at your coronation day, we saw it. Natsu and I. We saw the monster when we blacked out. It showed us your memories and played with our minds. It showed us, it showed us... your death,"

"What?! My death?"

"Yeah. It showed us that it killed you, from inside and took control of your body. You still haven't survived it. You still haven't survived the coronation day. The danger is still there. And it is your other-half,"

"Now, it makes sense. It went loose, that day. It was supposed to be trapped, only to be let out in the coronation day, where I would fight it, and take control. It was supposed to be an easy task. But, when you hurt Mini, my anger put it on loose. It escaped. I helped it escape. My sub-consciousness let it escape. It gave me the power and took advantage of my anger. That's why the seal was broken," I said.

"Listen, I don't know what or how it plans to get ahold of my body. But, the last time, it did, it almost killed me, and it managed to enter your minds. It's very strong. I'm still weak. You need to trust me and fight this thing. I don't know if it's still there,"

"Look, Y/n, I appreciate your concern. But I don't think it was me that it was after. It wanted Natsu. I only got a share of his experience. It was all for him, and what I saw terrified me. And, that was only a bit of it. You need to talk to him now. I don't think he knows that it wasn't you,"

I nodded and flew with my dragon wings. To the guild. Natsu wasn't there. I went to his house. He wasn't there, either. There was only one place. The place we used to hang out while we were children. We even made a treehouse house there. It'd been a long time since I went there, but I knew exactly where it was.

I could smell his scent in the treehouse. It was still there. I slowly climbed the stairs of the house and went in. Natsu was sitting on the bed when he looked up. He was shocked to find me there.

"Come on, you're not the only one who knows about this place," I said.

He smiled. The first smile I had seen since I came back.

"I'm very sorry for not telling you all about it. You are important to me, that's why I couldn't. I was scared of how you would react. And I didn't want you to worry, which was stupid of me. I didn't mean to hurt you, okay? You are one of the most important people in my life, Natsu. You're my best friend. And, I never want to worry you. I never want you to cry, not because of me, not because of anyone. I'm sorry for the hell I put you through when I left. I'm not perfect. I make mistakes. I hurt people. And I hurt you. You're the last person I'd ever wanna hurt. I thought that if I stayed, I would hurt you, physically. I forgot that leaving would hurt you emotionally. I'm sorry if I let you down, but I will do anything, anything to earn your trust back. Please, forgive me?"

"No, it's okay. I just realized that you had a lot in your mind. You were trying to protect us, and you were about to die. Making you did a wrong thing, but you did so many right things after that. Yeah, it hurt me, thinking I'd never see you again. But, I did. I did get to see you again. You fought through, you survived. And, the worst welcome I could give you was mad at you. You did the right thing, you lived. You came back," he said.

"Aww... aren't you two cute?" Mini and Happy said in unison. I totally forgot they were here.

I hugged him, "Glad to be back, anyway,"

"Glad to have you back, Y/n," Happy said, hugging me after I pulled away from Natsu.

"Okay, so you two need to go. Catch up, or do your cat thingy. I need to talk to Natsu alone,"

"Aye!" Happy said.

"Hai!" Mini said.

After they went, I looked at Natsu. He knew what was coming. He knew what I was going to ask, but I proceeded anyway.

"What happened that day? On my coronation. What did you see?"

"I-I- I saw you," he said.

"I saw you. I saw visions, like in the future. I saw you die and resurrect. But the problem was, you were not you anymore. You were different. You were a monster,"

I'm not going to say it didn't hurt to see him call me a monster. Cause it did. It stung.

"You killed everybody. You killed all of us in FairyTail. We tried to stop you, but you were too strong. Too manipulative. Too much of a monster. A demon. Evil,"

It hurt to hear the words I had forgotten defined me. I was called a monster, a demon, evil, strong, and a threat to humankind when I was in the village. The village Natsu rescued me from. He was my saviour, and yet here he was repeating the same words.

"That's not me, okay? None of that is me," I said, more like reminding myself I wasn't.

"That's the problem, it was you. Not a spell. You," he said, his eyes were scared, terrified of me.

My hands were trembling. I could hear voices in my head say, 'I was a monster'. 'I was threat'. 'There was no need to pretend that I was not'. 'I was evil'. 'It was in my blood'.

My parents were evil. My mom and my dad. And, I am no different. I am EVIL!

No, no, it needs to stop.

"I need to go, sorry," I said and flew with my dragon wings, tears brimming in my eyes.

The last thing I remembered was falling in the ground before passing out.

Finally, the long-waited Oración Seis Arc will start from next chapter.

IN NEXT CHAPTER:

Y/n suffers from great identity crisis as she struggles to prove herself that she is not a monster, Natsu paints her to be. She will fight alongside Team Natsu against the infamous Oración Seis. 

Tune in for the whole chapter.

Please, VOTE for both the chapters released today. Thank you!