Chapter 72: He's Back?

(Note: You might want to read the A/n at the end of the chapter. Oh, and enjoy the chaper :)

Natsu's POV

"Y/n!" I shouted, but she didn't move. She just stood there frozen. Move, move, you idiot, move, please. Acnologia let out a huge roar right at her. I was helpless. I couldn't do anything. I closed my eyes as a tear escaped my eyes. Was she going to d—

"Natsu," I heard a voice. My eyes snapped open. Igneel.

"Natsu, I am sorry for hiding this with you, but you see, I have always been with you, inside you, waiting for the perfect time to come out, and I believe this is the time to save our Empress," his voice said.

"What?" I said, confused.

Suddenly, my body starts glowing, and as the light dims, I saw Igneel standing in front of me.

"Dad?" I asked. He smiled softly before drifting his attention to Y/n and Acnologia.

Even though the roar was loud, I heard it through my dragon senses.

"Dad..." That's what she said before she closed her eyes, bracing for impact, but nothing came. Igneel stood in front of her and attacked with his Fire Dragon Roar at Acnologia.

"Happy, take me up there," I said as he reluctantly nodded.

Y/n's POV

I opened my eyes when I felt scorching heat. A huge red dragon stood in front of me, saving me from Acnologia's attack.

From his appearance, he could only be one dragon; Igneel.

"Dad, you can't just leave. I want answers," Natsu said.

So, it was Igneel.

Igneel was too busy fighting my dad that he had no time to answer Natsu. But he did.

"Natsu, you are in a guild right? So, I'm making a job request. Steal the book of E.N.D from Mard Geer's hand, and in exchange, I'll tell everything you've wanted to know. Take the Empress with you," he said, gesturing to me. Natsu said, "You better keep your promise,"

He finally looked at me. I realized my eyes were still filled with tears. He grinned at me and jumped down.

"Natsu!" I shouted and rushed down and caught him.

"I knew I could trust you," he grinned.

"Of course, you can. Now, never pull that act again, or I'll throw you myself," I shouted. He chuckled. Idiot.

"Heaven's Eye," I chanted. This spell allowed me to see everything from the sky. This spell was mostly used to locate someone and look over a long distance. I caught Mard Geer, who was back in his non-Etherious form. I rushed towards him. It seemed Sting and Rogue had also caught sight of him as they were running right to him.

"I guess it's time to resume our battle, eh, Mard Geer?" I asked. He smirked, "I was hoping Acnologia didn't get to you because I wanted to finish you myself,"

"I guess, we'll find out, now, won't we?" I smiled. He smirked as a 'yes, we will, sweetheart when I bash you in the ground until you die'.

I closed my wings as they disappeared in my back. I landed on the ground. Mard Geer went back into his Etherious form. Suddenly, Gray appeared and struck Mard Geer, but he was knocked away by Jiemma, who is now a demon. As the twin dragon slayers face their former master, we go back to fighting Mard Geer.

"Angelic Exorcism," I chanted as Mard Geer was knocked away and hit a wall.

"Fire Dragon Slayer's Secret Art: Crimson Lotus: Fire Dragon's Fist," Natsu hit Mard Geer followed by Gray's Ice Devil Rage. Gray had somehow acquired Ice Devil Slayer Magic.

Mard Geer got up completely unharmed, much to all our surprise.

"Guess, it's time to end this. For being able to stand this long, you guys deserve to witness my best spell that I initially wanted to use on Zeref, but I guess I'll test it on you first," he said.

"Memento Mori!" he chanted. In a matter of seconds, we were swallowed by darkness. Darkness filled with the foul emotions that made me scream. It was those negative emotions that my sister feasted on. I could feel her smirk and lick her lips, and in a matter of second, it switched.

Mard Geer's POV

I revert to my human form now that the fight was finally over. With the Empress alongside Valerie and those two petty humans gone, all that was left now was to revive E.N.D. I smirked at my most powerful Curse, it would definitely work on him; Lord Zeref.

Just as I was about to turn out, a ball made of darkness appeared as the fire dragon slayer, and the ice devil slayer fell on the ground. I looked up at the ball, now disappearing, to reveal the Empress in her Demon Empress mode. I thought she wasn't able to control it.

Unless it isn't her.

"Valerie..." I said, blood spilling from my mouth. She came beside me in a flash, colliding her sword with my heart. I could feel her smirk as she did so.

"I always get what I want. And I wanted you...dead by my hands," she smiled, sadistically, pulling out the sword as I fell on the ground, lifeless.

Valerie's POV

I looked at the dumbstruck pink-head and grey-headed guy.

"Am I supposed to know you?" I asked, tilting my head.

"We met, remember? Natsu Dragneel," the pink-headed guy said.

"Oh, right, the guy desperate to pick a fight with me. Well, there you go, Natsu Dragneel, your book," I said, throwing the book at him as he caught it, making me smirk.

I turned to the grey-headed guy.

"So, you're Valerie?" he asked, studying me.

"Why?"

"No, it's just strange. You look so much like Y/n. but you look nothing like her. You sound like her, but somehow it's different. You're familiar, yet you feel completely foreign," he said.

"Then you should just stop comparing me to her," I said with a smug smile and walked around.

"So, where are they?" I closed my eyes as a dark shadow appeared in front of me from which emerged two people. I opened my eyes to face the one and only Robert and Sarah.

I smirked, "Fancy meeting you here, Mom and Dad,"

I'm sorry I was too excited I couldn't wait. It's like 3 o' clock where I live and I don't care cause I've waiting for this part so long. I had thought of this ending for so long and we're finally here, guys.

VOTE if you love the chapter like I did. It just got so interesting or is it just me that thinks that? I was worried that by the end, everything would get jumbled but I assure it won't. Everything I left without explanation in previous chapters will start making sense now. I know things are all over the place. Unexpected twists have been coming up recently but now everything will add up from the very first chapter of the book. 

Stay tuned in until then...