Chapter 36: Grimoire Heart

Y/n's POV

Where are you? I looked around for the man flying in the sky. I couldn't spot him anywhere. How long was I talking to Natsu?

"Y/n, why are you so determined to find him?" Mini asked.

"I don't know. It's just I need to find him. There is something about him that makes me... so... vulnerable. He is someone, someone important. There is something about him, that is so... familiar and yet I've never seen the guy in my whole life. Isn't it weird? Knowing someone, when you don't remember a second you spent with them."

3rd Person's POV

Grimoire Heart had invaded Tenrou Island in their own mission to find Zeref. Their leader, Hades, stood tall on his ship as he ordered the others to prepare an attack on the island and destroy whoever comes in their way. He slowly warned them that there is also one other person on the island, not as strong or old as Zeref, but a crucial commodity to reach Zeref.

Kawazu and Yomazu, two members of Grimoire Heart ambush Levy. But just as she is about to be killed, Gajeel saves her. Gajeel tells Levy to run and warn the others. Before she leaves, she helps Gajeel replenish his energy by using her Magic to form a word from iron. With pure determination and pride, Gajeel battles the two Dark Mages despite his severe injuries to defend his guild.

Just as Gajeel defeats Kamazu and Yomazu, Levy brings back reinforcements; Juvia and Erza. Comprehending the severity of the battle, Erza declares that the exam is now on hold, and launches a signal flare to let everyone know about the enemy attack.

Cana attempts to ignore the red signal flare, but Gray and Loke interrupt, as they were secretly following the two, saying that they need to focus on the enemy attack instead of the exams. Carla and Panther Lily encounter Wendy and Mest and tell her to stay away from him. Mest reveals that he's a member of the Magic Council and was searching for some evidence worthy to disband Fairy Tail, but with both Grimoire Heart and Zeref, he imagines how big his promotion will be if he succeeds in finishing the job himself. Mest's battleship is destroyed in an instant by Azuma, who begins to fight PantherLily, Mest and Wendy, proving to be stronger than the three of them.

On the Grimoire Heart Guild's Ship, the members notice a gigantic Makarov waiting for them and his attacks. Hades orders Carprico to take all the Grimoire Heart members to the island while he deals with Makarov himself. Makarov threatens to cast his Fairy Law, but to his surprise, Hades counters with Grimoire Law. With a shock, Makarov recognizes Hades as the second master of Fairy Tail, Precht.

Due to his identity, Makarov does not attack him with his full power. However, Hades has other concerns and easily defeats Makarov with a Magic blast, puncturing his body.

Somewhere far away, Laxus is walking in the desert when he suddenly gets an uneasy feeling.

Zancrow walks over to Natsu and declares to take care of him. He throws black flames that Natsu can't eat, much to his surprise. Elsewhere, Caprico faces off Lucy, Gray, Loke, and Cana. Meredy meets Erza and Juvia and sets her objective to defeating them. Rustyrose confronts Evergreen and Elfman. Meanwhile, Mirajane and Lisanna meet with Azuma.

Y/n's POV

I sighed as I accept defeat and sit in a branch of a tree.

"C'mon, Y/n. Don't surrender. I'm sure you'll find him, again. Just try it a little harder. You were the one who said he was an important person," Mini argued.

"I did. But... I can't spot him anywhere. Maybe he doesn't wanna be found. I can't see him anywhere," I fall back as I lay down on the tree branch, leaning against the tree.