Chapter 31: Promise?

Natsu's POV

I woke up shortly after Y/n did. Happy sat beside me as he eagerly waited for me to wake up. He jumped when he saw me open my eyes. After I was fully conscious, he told me everything that happened afterwards. We had managed to stop Nirvana thanks to Y/n who managed to destroy the first Lacrima with that one attack. Erza and Jellal had reconciled, but Erza still hadn't fully forgiven him, before the Council arrested him. Wendy had joined the guild as her guildmates were ghosts that made the guild only for Wendy. They had their own reasons, kind reasons.

It seemed many things had happened while I was out. But I was longing to meet Y/n. Happy said that all of her wounds healed itself. She was perfectly fine like nothing ever happened, which was extremely strange but again she was the Empress.

I recalled what happened at her fight with Zero. Angel slaying? What was that? Dragon Slaying. Angel Slaying. We have dragon-slaying because we were either taught by dragons or had the magic implanted in a lacrima. Angel slaying. Angels didn't teach Y/n, or so I believe. Maybe it was the magic of the Empress. What was the deal with the magic? With a single spell, such destruction. It was... terrifying. And the way she spoke with him, she felt so different. She wasn't-I mean she was so... confident, so sure of herself. It just felt different. I felt like I didn't know Y/n anymore.

"Natsu? Are you okay?" Happy said, looking at me with a concerned look.

"I'm great, Happy. Just wondering." I grinned.

"About what?" he asked, curiously.

"Y/n," I said, truthfully.

"Yeah, it is a shock how she healed so fast, but she is different. I mean, with all of her powers. Her magic seems to rise and fall every second. She was not lying when she said she needed training." Happy said.

Flashback ~

"I thought your magic was not on track,"

"Oh, the power I always had it. I was too much of a coward to use it..."

Flashback ended ~

"Natsu? Are you all right? You seem to be zoning out every second." He said, upset.

"I am okay. I was just thinking."

"When did you start to think?" He said, rolling his eyes.

"Hey, I think," I shouted.

"Yeah, sure you do." He said with a sly smile and sarcasm dripping in his voice.

And that's how we started brawling about it until...

"Well, someone seems to be in a... mood," I looked away from Happy and to the person who seemed to be talking. It was Y/n. She was already dressed up in a crop top and jeans. Mini walked towards us and sat in the bed next to Happy as she studied my wounds carefully.

"Sorry about that, by the way. Got a bit overboard." She smiled with a small smile.

"That's the only way we know how." I grinned while she laughed. She walked towards me and inspected my wounds. She winced as she looked at them.

"Does it hurt?" she questioned.

"Nah, it's fine." I lied.

"Lemme heal that for you. It's the least I can do." She closed her eyes as she put her hands above my abdomen, making me blush, slightly.

"I thought you weren't supposed to use your magic," I said.

"I wasn't, but it's okay. I'm leaving anyway."