Chapter 75: How It All Starts

(READ THE A/N below at the end of chapter)

Y/n's POV

"Natsu..." I started.

"Don't talk," he growled in a loud voice. Igneel's body fell from the sky as Acnologia disappeared, after giving me a last look.

"Just don't..." he said. Everyone turned to look at us.

"Natsu, what do you want me to say? I'm sorry I lied about Acnologia, to all of you," I turned to everybody, who were watching with shock.

I turned back to Natsu, who was looking away from me. Tears ran down my cheeks as I sniffled.

"I couldn't just tell after knowing all the crimes he has done,"

"And yet you denied to kill him when we had the chance," he accused.

"I can't lose any more people. I lost my dad and mom. Acnologia was the only one there for me when there was no one. He saved me from the Tower of Heaven. He showed me who I am. He trained me. He made me this strong. I owe him for it all. I can't just...make myself do it even if he's the bad guy. I'm sorry, Natsu," I said, sobbing.

"No, don't be. It's over," he said in a monotone, not even bothering to glance at me.

My voice broke, "Natsu...you're kidding, right?" I sniffled, looking at him. His jaw clenched as he glowered.

He finally turned to look at me, boring his onyx eyes on mine.

"No, I'm not. I've had enough of your lies. It's like I don't even know you anymore,"

"You do know me. I'm still the same Y/n. My dad just happened to be..." I trailed off.

"Acnologia, yeah, I know," he said with gritted teeth.

"Natsu, what do you want me to do?" I asked. The voice in my head was pleading with him to not leave me...too. Please, don't. Please, I beg of you. Please.......

My eyes were glossy. From my blurred and teary vision, I saw him turn away with an unreadable expression.

"I want you to leave. I never want to see you again," he said in a monotone with no emotion in his voice.

"Natsu, don't say that. It can't be over like this. Look, I'm sorry," I bit my lip to stop me from sobbing and crying any more.

"Then, how come it is?" he asked, lifting one of his eyebrows, waiting for me to answer. When I didn't, he said, "I can't ever forgive you. I am mad at you. We had the chance, and you let him go. Tell me if you think we didn't have a chance,"

I didn't say anything. He growled as he punched the wall beside us, breaking it.

"Natsu...please..." I sobbed.

"It does not matter. I am done with you," he said. Those words made me want to disappear. I hoped the ground would inhale and trap me and kill me in the process, so I didn't have to rehear those words ever in my head. His expression was stone-cold as he stared at me with those emotionless eyes. Like he was staring in my soul. I never felt so lonely and self-conscious. It made me think about my whole life.

I looked at the ground. All horrible emotions flooded my mind. I was overflowing with negativity. I thought I would explode. From the moment I ran from my house, all the bad memories came to me. All the feelings I had bottled up, the lid of the bottle; it was opening.

"Why are you being like this? Why is Dad like that? Why are you both not talking to me? What did I do wrong? Please talk to me. Please...."

"I would have killed her in my stomach only, but you said she was useful. I hate her. I have tolerated her for so long now, I can't. I want her gone. Let's kill her, Robert.