Chapter 82: It's YOU!

Y/n's POV

"You finally chose to live," a voice said.

"V-Valerie?"

"No. Guess again,"

"I know it's you, Valerie," I said, slightly frustrated.

"It's not Valerie. It's Y/n. We're both the same person. Did you forget?"

"I didn't forget,"

"It's time you accept it, Y/n. Accept your true self. Accept who you are. You cannot find light without embracing the darkness,"

"I am accepting it!"

"Are you though?"

"I-I am!" I stuttered.

"If you were, you wouldn't be in this situation,"

"I-I don't know what you mean,"

"I am not your sister, Y/n. I am you. I am an emotion you feel. I just say what you feel. It's always been you, Y/n. You were not fighting anybody. You were fighting yourself. You know that. Because I know that and I am you,"

"I did this? I am killing myself? I wanted to kill my friends? T-That can't be true. It can't. IT CAN'T!" I shouted.

"But it is. It's hard. Being abandoned time and again. When Natsu also abandoned you, all those suppressed emotions leaked. You could not handle them all at once, so you suppressed everything. You suppressed all of it. You even suppressed your happiness. When you stopped the fight between Natsu and Gray, your bottled up emotions opened again. And with it came the emotions you have been avoiding your whole life. Everything you did when you abandoned your emotions came back to you. You did not want to accept it, and you fought yourself for the second time. But this time, it resulted in your death. So, the only way to save yourself is to accept. Accept this part of you. Don't fight. Embrace yourself. Your friends are waiting for you, Y/n,"

"I can't. I can't accept it," I muttered, looking at the ground.

"It can't be me. People rely on me. It can't be. No, no, please leave me. Please go," I said.

"I can't go anywhere. I—"

"SHUT UP! Please. Please. I can't take it anymore. Please don't make me hate myself. I wouldn't be able to handle it. If I accept it, if I accept the darkness, then it will consume me. I will never be able to come back. I have tried. It's impossible,"

"Then, fight. Like your friends asked you to,"

"But, I can't. I can't fight. I am scared. I don't want to. I-I can't. Please,"

"You don't have to really. But the other option would be dying. Are you okay with that?"

"Of course, I'm not. How could I be?"

"You can do this. Believe in yourself. You might think you've done these unforgivable things and but really you never hurt anyone, did you? Think about how many lives you saved. Think about many more lives you can save. Think about your family. Think about what they just said to you. Think about Mini. You don't want to see them cry, do you?"

"I-I don't. Can I...actually...do this?"

"You tell me,"

"I can?"

"We'll only know when you try,"

"I-I can try. Either way, I might die. But this way, I have a chance to live so I'll take it. Because I want to live," I said, finally finding a hint of courage.