Chapter 13 : Ikaruga

3rd Person's POV

Natsu and Fukuro keep on fighting; both not stopping. The council continues to decide their attack. Everyone agrees to use Etherion expect Yajima, who stands strongly against it. "Y/n L/n, the zero saint, is also in there and many strong wizards" he protests.

Meanwhile, Jellal knocks Natsu's piece down, since he was eaten by Fukuro, wondering how Y/n will win now that her strongest piece is gone with only Erza remaining.

Gray reminisces Erza's arrival at Fairy Tail.

One day, back when he was a kid, was reading Gray his cards, when Erza suddenly arrived at Fairy Tail, saying to herself that this was the place that grandpa Rob was talking about.

Back in the present, Gray finds himself fighting Fukuro, who has absorbed Natsu and uses his Fire Magic to counter Gray's Magic.

Gray remembers his younger days again.

Once, Cana talked about how Erza was always by herself, and when Gray suggested that she talked to her, Cana told him that she had completely ignored her when she tried. Gray then tried to talk to Erza but she ignored him as well, pissing him off. He knocked Erza off her chair, telling her that this was a Mage guild and that she shouldn't go around wearing armour, however, she replied that he should take a look at himself before telling the others what to wear and that this might be mistaken as a guild for perverts with Gray being in only his underwear, which caused the rest of the guild to laugh at Gray, enraging him.

The arduous fight between Fukuro and Gray continues, with Gray still under Fukuro's fire, until he manages to freeze the flames and tells Fukuro that they can't be Natsu's, as they are not as powerful as the original ones. Fukuro is impressed with Gray's Magic, to the point that he wants to capture Gray as well. As Fukuro attempts to attack him, though, Gray freezes his mouth and says that they don't have time to play around.

Gray recollects getting beaten up by young Erza and and praising her, which enraged him even more, saying that he refused to accept her as one of his allies. Later, Gray found Erza sitting alone and he immediately challenged her to another fight, but then saw her crying. Instead of challenging her, he asked her why she was always by herself, and she replied that she liked being alone and did not feel comfortable around others to which Gray angrily responded that she should not be all alone, crying.

Gray remembers all the times he went to missions with Y/n and how he grew fond of her; her beauty, her strength, her kindness. She was the one he had always come to admire. He was with her whenever she cried or missed Typhon, he stayed with her and consoled her. He liked to spend time with her. She was the one who helped him break his shell and talk to others. She was there when he cried, thinking about the past. She stood by him and now, it was his turn and there was no way he was going to give up and let her down.

With all these memories powering up Gray, he finishes Fukuro off with his powerful , saying that Y/n and Erza must be with everyone in Fairy Tail and he was never letting them go.

After Gray's battle with Fukuro, Simon praises him, saying that he is a lot stronger than the information he had on him indicated, with Gray insisting that he has to hurry up and find Y/n and Erza, before collapsing due to his wounds. Simon adds that Erza and Y/n had indeed joined a great guild.

Meanwhile, twenty-seven minutes remain until Etherion is fired.

Y/n's POV

I bump into Shô, who looks at me with shock. "Y/n?" I find Erza stuck in the card.

"Why is she there?" I ask, confused. "I will protect her," he says, defensively.

"Why did you leave us?" he asks. I could see in his eyes; he wanted my reason to be same as Erza's.

"I was weak. I could not control my magic. My memory was not intact. Even if I had come, there would be far more problems. I didn't want to hurt you. I'm sorry" I say, tears threatening to fall as I keep my answer short and detailed.

"It's okay, Y/n. You were always there for us like you are now. I have to keep you safe, too" he says.

"No, you can't. My magic is too powerful, it will hurt you. Trust me, I'm fine and I can take care of myself very well. I have my keys, too" I say, assuring him. He seemed unconvinced but nodded.

"Well, well, well, look who we have here, no one other than The Dragon Princess herself. I am Ikaruga. It will be an honour...... to destroy you" she says, running with a sword pointed at me. I dodge all her attack and cast a spell, "Water Serpent". A water serpent appears from the ground, lunging at her as she tries dodging it.

I ask Shô to stay back as he nods, knowing that I was serious. I control the Serpent attacking each of their moves but she managed to dodge. I quickly re-equip in one of my armours, since we were having a sword fight. There were two black horns in my head, armours on my shoulders and covering half of my legs. It was silver and black and it suited me. My hair was in a pony with black armour. A long black and silver sword was in my hands as I looked at her, slinging the sword at her. She managed to dodge. I kept on going at her until she swung her sword at me breaking the armour in pieces. I, then, re-quip, quick enough for her to not get another swing at me. I changed into a stronger armour; it was black and red. She managed to break those, too. I was impressed; people had hurt me in many ways but none had managed to frickin' break my armour. After she broke a few more of my armours, I learned my lesson and changed into a normal outfit.

The outfit same as Erza's Japanese Armor; the difference I was wearing the same designed skirt. A pair of red long boots with heels covered till my knee as a silver sword was in my hand. My hair was in a ponytail.

She swings her sword at me as I manage to dodge it. I swing my sword at her hitting her abdomen as she shrieks, losing her consciousness.

I re-equip into my Freestyle armour just for safety. I look at Shô, who seemed impressed and ask him to set Erza free. He refuses at first but agrees later on. Erza thanks me as I nod and separate from them quickly.

I close my eyes and concentrate my magic on the ground. 'This is it!' my mind kept repeating on and on. I was finally going to meet him. My hair ends and eyes turn green as I close them. The green mist appears on both my hands.

I see Jellal, he was smirking. He knew I could see him. He sat on the top of the tower on a chair with a game of chess in front of him, all the white ones knocked out except the king. The queen of the black side was approaching the king.