Chapter 54: The Garou Knights Defeated

Y/n's POV

"Can you fight?" Mini asked.

"I don't know," I answered, recalling my conversation with my other-half earlier.

In front of us were the infamous Garou Knights. Natsu laughed at their appearance, but Arcadios warned him that they had magic that was specifically made to kill efficiently. But Natsu didn't seem phased.

"We don't have time for this, we need to stop the Eclipse Project," I said.

"Then, I guess, we need to finish this quick," Natsu smirked in battle position along with the others while I stand back. I was completely useless, with no magic. But I still had my trump card, my sister and my other half, who had offered to give me magic.

We all were separated after one of the Garou Knights' spells, resulting in each of us having to fight one of the Garou Knights. Wendy ended up with the plant magic-user, Cosmos, whose attack had separated us. Mirajane had ended up with Kamika, the paper magic-user. Pantherlily had met up with Neppa who used Acid Magic. Arcadios, Lucy, Yukino, Happy and Carla had met Uosuke, who used territorial magic. Lastly, Natsu, Mini and I were with the leader of the Garou Knights, Kama.

Kama used his scythes in his back to aim at Natsu's neck. He also tried to attack me a few times, but I successfully dodged it though Natsu was still struggling. I closed my eyes and activated my earth magic to see how the others were doing. Luckily, everyone had started to gain the upper hand in each of their battles. But using my magic while having almost no magic made me scream in pain.

"Y/n! Are you okay?" Natsu asked, worried.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Just checking on others. They're almost finished," I informed.

"Then, it's time I finish, too," he smirked. And soon, we had defeated the fearsome Garou Knights.

As we looked for a way out, Lucy and Carla began to wonder if the Eclipse Project was right or not.

"I don't care. I'm stopping it," I said, coldly, much to everyone's shock.

3rd Person's POV

Back at the Domus Flau, Fairy Tail takes the lead after Gray's victory over Rufus. As the team proceeds, Juvia is found by Sherria, just as Mavis predicted. Elsewhere, Erza heads to another area, expecting to fight Minerva but much to her surprise encounters Kagura instead. While Mavis begins tearing up over her failed prediction, the two Mages fight. Suddenly, a wormhole opens between the two and Minerva materializes through it and attacks the two, wanting to join the battle. With that, the foremost female Mages in the tournament prepare for a three-way battle.

As the women face-off, the members of their respective guilds are confident in the victory of their guildmates. Analyzing their opponents, the three Mages rush into battle. Despite their attempts, none of them was able to overpower the others. Catching her off guard, Erza kicks Kagura through a wall and takes herself along with her. Minerva attacks Kagura at point-blank range but fails to inflict significant damage as she returns to deliver a blow.

Minerva activates her Magic and summons Yagdo Rigora to attack, creating a large explosion which engulfs the area and attracts the attention of other participants. However, Erza and Kagura remain, injured but steady. In response, Minerva resorts to bringing a captured Millianna to the battle as a change of strategy, angering the feline's friends.

Inside Mercurius, having heard Princess Hisui's explanation of her actions, Darton suggests stopping the Grand Magic Games. However, the princess claims that she's still got doubts about what she was told. Stating that the person she talked to knows the future, she explains that the result of the game will be "unbelievable." If this is the case, she resolves to open the Eclipse gate herself.