Chapter 46: GMG (Day 2)

(Picture of Arcadios)

I noticed there were numerous clones of each contestant to confuse others. Attacking a clone would deduct a point.

"This is gonna be a piece of cake," I smiled. I closed my eyes as a green aura encircled me.

"Earth Dragon: Explore,"

The thing about the spell was it took time to find others, and since I had to concentrate, I was vulnerable to attacks. People could also sense my magic from far away because of its overwhelming nature.

So, my best option was to go after the first person I find and make it quick. That's when I saw a member of Raven Tail, attacking Gray. I rushed to their direction.

When I reached, I noticed Gray being targeted by the Raven Tail member. I helped him. He thanked me.

"Don't get mistaken, we're rivals here. I'm not gonna help you next time," I said, sternly.

Taking advantage of our conversation, Nullpudding struck a surprise attack. I summoned a sword and shielded myself but Gray got hit.

"You're being careless," I complained.

I had gained no point while Gray was losing his points. Both teams of FairyTail was at loss. Soon, a member of Sabertooth attacked everyone with his magic but I managed to dodge it luckily. In the end, Sabertooth placed first and Raven Tail placed second while Fairytail B placed at second last and Fairytail A at last.

I sighed in disappointment.

"I thought I had the points," I groaned.

"I'm sorry," Gray apologized.

I looked at him and smiled, "It's not your fault. We're gonna have our payback,"

"Yeah," he said.

After the fight, I went to check up on Wendy. I had just learned about her condition and Raven Tail's involvement in it. They were so dead...

Lucy and one of Raven Tail's member's fight were about to begin but I decided to stay with Wendy. She probably wanted to be there and participate in the games. She smiled when I came in.

3rd Person's POV

The first fight of the first day of the tournament is about to begin, a battle between Team Fairy Tail A's Lucy and Team Raven Tail's Flare Corona. Although in the last place, Lucy gains the chance to earn 10 points, and tie with Team Sabertooth.

Lucy commences the battle by performing a multiple summoning and combining Scorpio and Taurus' whilst the crowd watches in awe. Flare however soon starts to play dirty by taking Asuka Connell hostage in the stands, threatening to harm the young girl if Lucy attacks her further. With Asuka as her hostage, Flare forces Lucy to not use Magic, move or say anything at all, lest something unfortunate happens. Raising Lucy into the air, Flare decides to brand the mark of Raven Tail over her Fairy Tail mark, despite Lucy's attempts to stop her. Before she can, however, Natsu discovers Asuka's danger and rips Flare's hair to pieces, allowing Lucy to summon Gemini and free herself.

Y/n as she stays with Wendy recognizes the magic and whispers "Urano Metria!" However, before it is cast, the power dissipates, leaving Lucy extremely weakened. Flare realizes that her teammate assisted her from the sidelines, as does Mavis, who notes that such a thing is against the rules. When Lucy collapses, Flare is declared the victor, and an exhausted Lucy cries on the ground as the crowd boos her until Natsu comes and takes her away.

The matches continue with the second being Ren Akatsuki from Blue Pegasus faces Araña Webb from Mermaid Heel, which Ren wins. This is followed by a battle between Warcry of Quatro Cerberus and Orga Nanagear of Sabertooth, Warcry being defeated before being able to use his Magic.

The final battle of the day is then declared to be between "Mystogan" from Team Fairy Tail B and Jura Neekis of Lamia Scale. Y/n decides to watch it to cheer her teammate. The battle begins with Jellal sticking to his disguise and employing Mystogan's Magic Staves to attack Jura, however, the latter's supreme Magic abilities soon begin to outmatch Jellal's need to stay in character. Annoyed at the thought of losing, Jellal abandons Mystogan's Magic and begins to use his own, the two swapping blow after blow with neither seeming to have the advantage. Jellal then decides to go all out and prepares to unleash one of his strongest spells, though before he can, he is knocked out by Meredy and Ultear, the two Mages utilizing Meredy's Sensory Link Magic to stop Jellal from revealing his identity. Jellal out for the count, Jura is declared the victor.

Y/n's POV

"Can't believe he tried to blow his cover. Idiot!" I commented, going inside. I didn't realize Natsu was listening.

Master had called all FairyTail members to cheer them up from the defeat, but I decided to head home since I was tired. Mini stayed behind.

Next Day~

The first event for the second day was called "Chariot". The representative of each team would have to race through Crocus to Domus Flau atop moving wagons. As the race begins, the member of Raven Tail was seen in the lead with Ichiya following him closely. The others were close behind, too, except the three idiots; Natsu, Sting and Gajeel. Due to their motion sickness, they were all lagging, but I was happy to see that Gajeel and Natsu were still trying.

Seeing their persistent behaviour, Sting asked, "Why are you trying so hard?"

Natsu responded by saying, "Our guild patiently waited for us for seven years. Now, it's our turn to return the favour. To simply put it, we are doing it for the guild,"

I smiled. Other FairyTail members were touched and cried.

"Now, hurry, Gajeel. We need to win!" I yelled.

With that, Natsu earned 6th place and Gajeel earned 7th.

I go to the infirmary where Lucy had carried Natsu. Porlyusica had asked me to heal him.

"Stay straight," I scolded. Natsu obeyed. I tried to avoid his gaze. He was staring at me.

I closed my eyes and put my hands on his abdomen, not realizing he was blushing. He turned away. Sea green mist surrounded my hands as it healed him. When I opened my eyes, he was fast asleep. My sea-green eyes turned back to (e/c), and sea green hair ends were now back to (h/c). I go out to watch the rest of the game.

A while later~

I go to check the infirmary, but there was no one. I finally find Natsu walking outside.

"What are you doing? Aren't you supposed to rest?" I complained.

"No. I couldn't find Wendy, Carla and Porlyusica. There's this unfamiliar scent that I can't shake off, so I just want to check," he said.

"Fine, then I guess I'm coming with you," I said.

We soon run into a group of men with Wendy, Carla and Porlyusica. Natsu hastily defeats them before I could say anything.

I walked over to one of the men. I summoned a long sword, pointing to their neck.

"Why are you here?" I asked, sternly.

"Umm...we were just requested to retrieve 'the girl from the sickbay'" he said.

"Who asked you?" I asked, coldly.

"R-Raven Tail," he answered. I pulled back the sword as it disappeared. We soon turned them in. I couldn't help but wonder how Raven Tail was responsible for everything happening. What were they up to?

3rd Person's POV

Porlyusica, Wendy and Carla believe that they weren't even the intended target and that it was supposed to be Y/n. This is proven to be correct as Arcadios meets the ones responsible, angry that his plan failed and wanting to capture Y/n for Zeref's Eclipse Plan.

Please VOTE!!!