Chapter 85: The Final Battle

(Pic of young Y/n. She doesn't have to look like that. Just wanted to say she was cute when she was a child too. If you're wondering where the pic is, just scroll up)

Y/n's POV

He smirked, "Now, to test my new power,"

I heard the door behind us open. My eyes widened. I had forgotten to put a spell in the door to make sure no one could interrupt us or would get hurt.

"Y/n!" I heard the familiar voice. Happiness in his voice that he finally caught up to me.

Fear crossed my face as I steadily said, "Natsu, no!"

"Die for the sake of humanity, will you, brother?"

I screamed his name at the top of my lungs.

My eyes widened when I saw the red in his Natsu's clothes. From his left abdomen, blood pooled out. I was shaking at the sight of the blood.

He followed my gaze and saw his blood-drenched top. He touched it, feeling the red liquid in the hand. His hands were shaking as he coughed up blood. He looked up at me, "It's nothing,"

He was blinking so fast as if he was trying his best not to lose consciousness.

I turned to Zeref with a bewildered expression. "W-Why? Why are you trying to destroy everything you love? You loved her. Then why would you—," I was cut off when another bullet was shot on Natsu's chest.

I couldn't even see when he shot it to even try preventing the damn thing. By this time, I was freaking out. I wasn't able to save our First Master and now I was helplessly watching my best friend die in front of me.

With a thud, Natsu fell to the ground. I had to figure out a way to heal him without having Zeref interfere.

I groaned when I felt something in my left leg hurt. I looked down to see blood. When I looked up, Zeref had a satisfied smirk on his face.

"H-How?"

Another bullet pierced through my right shoulder as I stumbled back.

"It's all for the sake of humanity. All for the greater good. That you need to die...my Queen,"

Another bullet was shot through my chest, barely missing my heart.

I sobbed as a tear fell from my left eye. In pain, I said my goodbye, "I'm sorry,"

His eyes slightly widened, replaying my words in his mind.

He was a good person. It was the circumstances that were to blame.

With a final outburst of magic, Zeref Dragneel took his last breath.

I had just killed a person. And I could only wish I did them and the world a favour.

With a guilty face, I walked towards Natsu and healed all his wounds instantly with my new power. Acnologia was already here. I wondered if I had to do the same thing to him as well. But did I even have that much time?

Natsu was still asleep after I healed him. I knew I needed to find Dad but I was too much in shock to even move. I just sat there in front of Natsu, tears rolling down my eyes as I silently sobbed.

I was supposed to be the saviour. I was supposed to save him not kill him. I could have protected him. I thought I was strong enough now. I couldn't save our First Master, Natsu is gravely injured, and Zeref is dead. And it's all my fault. Maybe I really would be better off dead.

I felt myself sadly smiling at the sad thought. What a disappointment I was!

~

Natsu's POV