Chapter 52: The Eclipse Plan

3rd Person's POV

As Fairy Tail celebrates their victory, Chapati explains that tomorrow will be a break day, the sixth day of the Games beginning the day after, the event being a survival game involving all the team members.

With the day ending, Jellal closes in on the mysterious person, while at Mercurius, Yukino gazes at the stadium, and marvels at the fact that Natsu defeated her former team-mates. As she talks to a nearby guard about it, she reveals her willingness to participate in the Eclipse Plan, being under the impression that it is a plan to save the whole world.

Jellal then finally corners the suspicious person, and after revealing his own identity, asks that the cloaked figure reveals theirs too. As the person turns, Jellal realizes that she is a woman, and when she shows herself, the independent Mage is shocked speechless.

Having found the source of the Magic and questioned the girl, Jellal returns to the rest of Crime Sorcière and informs them of what he has learnt, which seems to shock them, the blue Mage revealing his knowledge about the Eclipse Plan and the Dragon King Festival. Meanwhile, at Crocus Gardens, Sting and Rogue stand in front of Jiemma, and when asked about the "disgrace" they displayed, Rogue simply admits Natsu's strength exceeds their own, which enrages their guild master. Thinking that they are showing weakness, Jiemma angrily demands that they remove their guild marks, while at the same time knocking the younger Mages off their feet with a burst of Magic. However, Lector tries to support the Dragon Slayers, but when Jiemma fails to recognize who the cat is, the Exceed reveals his guild mark. This infuriates the Guild master even further, causing him to vaporize Lector with a blast of magic, much to the shock of the rest of the Guild. Rogue then protectively covers Frosch, thinking that Jiemma was going to attack his Exceed next, though the Master's attention was instead diverted to Sting, who started crying and yelling in grief. Just as Jiemma is about to scold the White Dragon further, Sting unleashes a devastating attack on the Master in his anger, piercing him straight through the chest, much to the entire guilds shock, except for Minerva, who actually seems pleased.

As Jiemma collapses, Minerva congratulates Sting, claiming him to be a candidate for the Guild Master of Sabertooth, having surpassed the previous one in power. After explaining to Sting that he lacks (thanks to Jiemma's influence) the "power of feelings" that Natsu possesses, Minerva reveals that she managed to save Lector before the Exceed's annihilation, sending him away somewhere. Thrilled by this, Sting happily begs her to bring him back, to which she bluntly refuses, saying that she is the same as her father in the aspect that she wishes for Sabertooth to be Fiore's no. 1 guild. Minerva tells Sting that if he wants his friend back, they need to win day 5's event, to prove that Sabertooth is the strongest.

Y/n's POV

I walked around the town only to see a familiar blonde guy. I walked up to him.

"Sting, right?" I asked.

He looked at me. He was crying. He quickly wiped his tears and tried to walk away. But I caught his hands. I knew what was wrong. He and Rogue probably went through the same thing that Yukino went through.

"If you don't mind me asking, are you okay?" I asked, feeling sorry.

"I'm fine," he said, grumpily.

"You're clearly not. You can tell me," I said.

"Why? So that you can tell your friends about it and strategize to help you win in the games?" he asked, angrily.

"I thought that, by now, you knew we don't believe in winning like that. I'm just here as a friend, nothing else," I said.

"But, if you don't feel like talking, I can go," I said, turning away but he caught my hand and hugged me from behind. He then started crying on my back as he said, "Please, don't go,"