Chapter 29: Jellal's Apology

Erza's POV

Klodoa, the stick that Brain carries, hit Natsu, Gray and Lucy in a clumsy battle.

"You defeated all of the Oración Seis members. Now the seal is broken. He was sealed by Organic Link Magic that was connected to each of the members but now that they are gone. He will come. Oh no, what did you do? You released Zero," Klodoa panicked.

"Zero?" Natsu asked, rubbing his head.

"He is the alternate personality of Brain. He is devious and loves destruction," Klodoa said, trying to terrify us.

"Okay, enough of the—," I got cut off when Natsu, Gray, Jellal, Lucy and I are attacked effortlessly by a man. He ruthlessly killed Klodoa.

Y/n's POV

"Hey, listen, we need to stop Nirvana. To do so, we must destroy all the six Lacrima crystals empowering it. Each of them is in each of Nirvana's legs. We have twenty minutes till the Nirvana fires again," Hibiki telecommunicated.

"Not so fast, I, Zero, will be at one of six Lacrima, defending it. It won't be so easy to stop Nirvana. You can say, impossible," Zero telecommunicated ending with a maniacal laugh.

I closed my eyes as my hair ends and eye colour turned green. I located Zero.

"Who's taking which?" Hibiki asked.

"I'll take the 1st," I said.

"Then, I'm going for the 2nd," Natsu said.

"I'll be on the 3rd, then," Gray said.

"I'll go for 4th," Lucy said.

"I'll be at 5th," Erza said.

"I'll go for the 6th," Jellal said.

"Who is that?" Erza enquired.

"Jellal's back with his lost memories!?" I said, not sure what to say, the telecommunication line cuts.

"Why was she asking about me?" Jellal asked me.

I walked towards him and looked at his brown eyes and said, "I need to go. I'll tell you later if Erza does not come to talk to you herself. Just apologize sincerely as you did with me,".

"But I don't know what I did," he said, agitated.

"It's going to be okay. Don't panic. Erza will understand. Just remember to apologize," I said, calmly and bid my goodbye.

I needed to hurry. I ran in full speed towards the first Lacrima. Zero sat there as a maniacal smile inched towards his lips.

"Well, well I was hoping it would be you, princess. Think about the glory I would get by defeating the Empress. I will take quite a pleasure in it," Zero laughed, leaning on the wall.

"Now, all dreams don't come true, grandpa. You can come back to the reality where that is never going to happen, and we both know that," I smirked as I went into a fighting stance.

"Well, we'll have to find out, now don't we?" he sneered.

I tried to kick him in the stomach only to get blocked by his hand. I tried to hit his legs to get him to lose his balance, but he manages to punch me in the stomach. I cough out some blood.

"As much I like to do this, I prefer fighting at our full capabilities," he said and started using a spell called Dark Capriccio forcing me to use magic powers as well.

"Water Chains," I chanted as water-made chains appear from the ground and strange him in the ground, face-first. But he managed to overpower me and instead pull me towards him. He hits me another Dark Capriccio. It was a strong spell which hurt pretty bad.

"Fire Explosions," I chant, causing multiple explosions towards him. He seemed to dodge them or fight them with his Darkness Magic. I was scared of my powers, so I dared not to use it until it was too late.

"Genesis Zero," he cast the ultimate spell which he regarded as his most favourite and strongest spell. A wave of countless phantoms rushed towards me that seek to erase my soul or my very existence. I screamed until it could not be heard anymore as I get washed into complete darkness. The last thing I remember was looking into his red, piercing eyes as a smile of victory urges to make a place on his lips.

Maybe it was the end after all, eh?

Jellal's POV

As I neared the Lacrima, I caught sight of a girl standing there. She had red, scarlet hair.

Flashback~

"Wait, what if I don't remember her? How do I recognize her?"

"You will. Like you recognized me. Just focus on the scarlet hair, the same scarlet you admired and gave her last name as. Erza Scarlet,"

"Erza Scarlet?" I said. The name sounded familiar, but it felt strange and new at the same time. It felt weird. I knew her, but how?

Flashback ended~

Now that I looked at her, it felt odd and unsettling. I knew the face deep down, but it looked so foreign to me. She looked at me with sweat beading from her forehead. She was aghast and in a quandary with no idea how to react.

I was starting to feel awkward and nervous. I had to apologize, but I couldn't think of how to start. I took a deep breath and focused my eyes on her. I was about to open my mouth to say something when she ran towards me and punched me in the face. My nose was bleeding. She broke my nose. I looked up to face her, only to realize she was crying.

She hit me in the chest multiple times as she sobbed and called me a jerk. It didn't hurt. She hit swiftly but in a quick manner, compelling to step backwards as she inched towards me.

"I-I am sorry for whatever I did to you," I said.

"You still are. Why are you here, Jellal? I thought you were supposed to be with the Council,"

"I was brought here by the Oración Seis. I was in a comatose state before Y/n healed me. The members of the Oración Seis needed me to unseal the Nirvana—" I was cut off.

"And you did. You were the one who started this whole mess,"

"I-I-I don't have my memory, but I can see that I hurt you pretty bad and there's no excuse for that. I am willing to do whatever it takes to apologize. No words can describe the shame and embarrassment I feel about it. But please, please forgive me, Erza," I said, falling on my knees to beg to her.

"W-What? You lost your memories. I guess Y/n hit you pretty hard,"

"Y/n hit me?" I looked up.

"She did at the Tower of Heaven when you were persistent in sacrificing us both but mostly her, cause she was strong. You cannot run from all those memories, all the sins that you committed. I won't allow it. I'd very much like to punch you, but Y/n has forgiven maybe she saw the old Jellal she knew. And maybe I will, too. I can't accept your apology. I can't forgive you so easily. It might take me years, but till then I can't allow you to live your life with peace. I believe Y/n would also want this. I'm not doing this as a courtesy. I'm still mad at you for all the chaos you brought in my life. You hurt Y/n, too—"

"But not like I hurt you,"

"How did you—"

"I can see it in your eyes."

She smiled but quickly went back to her normal, strict expression, "I will tell you all of it as a punishment, so you remember all of it and suffer for it the rest of your life. You can't just run away and forget all of it. You have to pay your sins, and you will pay by living with those memories every day. You can't just live your life like nothing ever happened. Like you didn't kill anyone. You didn't hurt people. You didn't try to end the world. Cause you did. You did all those things.," she stated. I nodded in agreement.

"Anything, anything you want," I muttered.

This chapter was not supposed to be published today but what the hell. Vote for more surprise bonus (additional) chapters. Thank you. 

Wait until Friday for the next chapter. Enjoy!

Note: I might or might not publish chapters on time for the next two weeks so till then enjoy the bonus chapters.