Chapter 10 : Erza's Past

Y/n's POV

Loke appeared at the guild's makeshift bar in a suit and tie with glasses surprising the whole guild. "Loke!?" the whole guild exclaimed at once. He revealed that he was a Celestial Spirit who looks human, much like Virgo. When asked what spirit he was, Lucy reveals that Loke is Leo the Lion, much to Happy's delight to the point that he drooled on his shoulder. After Loke got a bit too flirtatious with me and Natsu and Gray punched him doing the job for me, Lucy nearly closed his gate, but he stopped her, saying that he had something to give me first. And he came towards me handing me the tickets to a hotel and resort, as a gift to express his gratitude. Then, he disappeared to the Celestial Realm.

Erza's POV

After Loke gaves Y/n the tickets to Akane Resort, all of us Team Natsu head off for a vacation. Upon arrival, Natsu, Gray, Y/n, Lucy, Mini and Happy decide to enjoy the beach. I was in my room and drifting off to sleep. I dreamt of my childhood horrors at the Tower of Heaven where I worked as a slave to build the R-System.

Flashback~

I hid in a corner and cried as Jellal Fernandes' voice whispers to me that freedom is just an illusion.

I then woke up instantly walking up to the mirror to looks at myself in the mirror. I changed back into my Heart Kreuz Armor thinking it fit my personality better, before Lucy came in my room. "Come on, Erza. Get dressed. Let's go downstairs at the casino. All the others are already there" Lucy said. I nodded. I requiped into a rose patterned dress and head out.

We started playing cards at the casino when Shô, my childhood friend stepped in to rotate the dealer position. Suddenly, the casino lights were turned off and when it came back on, Shô was behind Y/n, and he told her that he could use magic as well demonstrating a spell that trapped everyone in the casino inside playing cards.

Y/n's POV

Everything happened all of a sudden. I barely knew what was going on. Shô was behind me and the lights, the cards; it was like in a flash. I didn't know how to react, my past was back. I saw Erza's expression. She was terrified and frozen. It was like she knew them, did she? And then Millianna appeared behind Lucy and tied her up using magic ropes. Mini was scared for me and worried at the same time. She didn't know them personally so she didn't know why I was this scared."No, stop! Why are you doing this?" I said. Feeling insulted, Shô said, "You left us to die there. We were friends. You are just like her" he said, turning to Erza. She, now, had a confused expression similar to me. "Erza?" I asked. "Yes, she betrayed us like you. But, don't worry, we are here to take you back home" he said. And, then it was a blur. I heard Erza and Lucy scream, "No, Y/n!"

3rd Person's POV

Erza pleads for Wally to stop before gets shot in the back by Wally's tranquilizer shot. Before their departure, Wally gave Millianna a sleeping Happy and Mini as a gift. And they left.

Y/n's POV

I woke up to find myself in a ship, bound by some sort of binding spell. I saw Erza in same state beside me. "Erza?" I said, trying to wake her up. She slowly opens her eyes. "Are you fine?" I ask her. "Yeah. Where are we?" she said, realizing her current state. "I don't know. Some kind of ship, maybe" I replied. "Wait.. Why are you here?" she asked. "That's what I should ask you. Do you know them?" "Umm.. I met them at the Tower of Heaven where all of it started" she said, looking down. My eyes were wide open. "You were also there?" I asked. "What do you mean? You were there too. Wait, are you her? The girl, Jellal always talked about? No, but she was taken and most probably killed" "No, Ac-Typhon took me and saved me from there. Anyways, what happened with you?" Erza still seemed shocked, maybe she was thinking why I didn't come back to save them, well I couldn't.

Erza's POV

Flashack~

We attempted to escape but it failed so I was taken to the dungeons to be tortured with such severity that I lost my right eye. Jellal arrived to save me "I am not going to let this happen to you after what they did to Y/n. We have to fight to survive" he said before he was caught by another guard and received a beating, while I was sent back to the prison. Next time, I met Jellal, he was possessed by what he believed was the Dark Mage Zeref, which had greatly altered his former kind personality to a more violent one, making him almost completely insane. I attacked the guards and started a revolution which at its inception appeared to be successful.

The sudden presence of mages, however, began to dampen the our chances at victory, and it all seemed lost the moment a magic blast came towards me, until Grandpa Rob sacrificed his life to save me. Grandpa Rob had nurtured me and took care of me but in a matter of some minutes, he was blown to dust in an attempt just to save my life. This tragic accident seemed to unlock something inside of me. I remembered Rob telling me what is magic and that it came from the heart and that was when I awakened my magic. In a vengeful fury, I manipulated all kinds of weapons and tools and started attacking them fiercely and I ended the revolution, defeating all my enemies. All the others went on the boat to go home but I went back in the dungeons to look for Jellal, who was already possessed by someone, Jellal attacked me. "I am going to complete the R-System to resurrect Zeref's body in order to find his "true freedom"" he said. He sounded completely insane. Jellal had easily finished off the guards who were torturing him, despite my attempts to stop him, and he even attacked me with some kind of Darkness Magic. I didn't know what to do and how to stop him. Don't tell anybody about the tower or I will kill everyone" he said. Then, I woke up on another island. I was crying about the events I had just witnessed. It was a nightmare.

Tears filled my eyes. I turned to look at Y/n. She was crying, completely terrified as well. But, there was something in her eyes, guilt.

3rd person's POV

They were heading towards the Tower of Heaven where Jellal was waiting for them.

Erza's POV

"You are lying. Jellal wouldn't betray us. He is not like that. No!" Shô appeared, yelling at her with the others. I was shocked to see them eavesdropping. "I hope I was, okay?" "No, it can't be true. You were the one who left us. Jellal stayed" he said, frustrated. "We are here. The Tower of Heaven. Welcome back, sisters" Milliana said.

Shô throws both of us at the prison. "Both of you will stay here until the "ceremony" starts tomorrow since you will be the sacrifice for "Paradise"" he said, terrifying both of us. "Shô, please do not to use the R-System to resurrect the Black Mage, Zeref, because of the consequences it will bring to the Magic World. Please, don't. It's not safe" I said. Y/n used her magic to get rid of the binding spell and brought Shô to his knees by kicking him in the face. "Come on" she said breaking my binding spell as well. Then, both of us set out to search for Jellal.

Who do you want the reader to pair up with? I think Natsu, maybe, but your choice.