Chapter 70: Neo Minerva

Note: Please read the A/n below. It's not that important but please do.

Y/n's POV

Kyôka had left me with Minerva to fight, or rather Neo Minerva.

"You see, I have been reincarnated as a demon. How about I show you a sample of my new power, huh, Dragon Empress Y/n L/n?"

"Oh, you don't need to use formalities, and sure, let's see you've got. It would be a disappointment if you're not worth what you say," I pouted as she glared at me.

I smirked and re-equipped in my Freestyle armour.

We clashed quite fiercely with me surprised by her newfound strength.

"You are strong but sadly not enough to—" I stopped. Something is happening. My eyes widened.

3rd Person's POV

Mard Geer hijacks Warren Rocko's Telepathy and uses it to introduce himself to the Fairy Tail Guild. Bidding them farewell, the man makes use of Alegria, which proceeds to warp and deform Cube, swallowing everything and everyone present inside. Kyôka warns the Demon that he is sacrificing their troops, though Mard Geer seems not to care, berating the human race as he waits for his command to finish. However, as the morphing of Cube comes to an end, Mard Geer senses that two of the Fairy Tail Mages managed to avoid being captured, laughing as he debates whether or not they have good or bad luck for being able to slip free from Alegria's grasp.

Y/n's POV

I had managed to escape the spell, but I knew for sure that the other FairyTail wizards hadn't. I cursed under my breath. I had a bad feeling about this. Minerva came towards me as we continued our battle. I closed my eyes and used a locator spell to check on others after I trapped Minerva in a Water Dome that she was about to breakthrough.

The whole place was empty with only demons and no sight of any of the FairyTail members. I saw Mard Geer as he smirked, noticing my presence. I gritted my teeth. That's when I saw Lucy, who managed to survive, but she was fighting many demons.

Minerva broke the water dome and came for me. I dodged her attack.

"Sky Dragon: Wind's Puppet," I chanted as I held her in the air, trying to restrict any of her movements as she growled, desperately trying to move.

"Why are you doing this? What will you get from this? Minerva, it's still not late. There are people who will help you. There are people who still won't give up on you, and you know that. You can just—"

"Shut up. You don't get it, do you? I won't be part of that weak guild. You guys will lose, and Tartaros will be at the top. We will be at the top. You don't know how embarrassing it for me at the Grand Magic Games, but now I'm finally where I belong," she said.

"Lies. You're lying. It's just your ego. There is more to life than pride and reputation, Minerva,"

"Like you would know. You have it all. Beauty, power, brain, status and popularity, what do you care?" she shouted.

"It's not always the way you perceive things. There is more to the reality. My life isn't perfect. No one is. It's how you choose to do with it. You went on the dark path, and I chose the light, but the darkness is always there, inviting me to join, but I can't. I love my family, friends too much to do that. You have your family and friends, too, who are waiting for you,"

"They won't let me in. Not after everything I've done," she cried.

"You don't know that for sure," I said with a small smile as I let her down.

"People change, Minerva, and so can you. I promise to take my hand and I'll help you. It'll finally be over; the pain and the agony, everything. You will lead a new life, and it will be better, way better than this. You will find the place where you actually belong," I said softly. She looked at me, finally letting me in, and took my hand. I smiled.