Chapter 87: Her Final Goodbye

Y/n's POV

"No, this is all wrong. This is not how it was supposed to be. I'm the only King. There is no one above me. You see, I—"

He was cut off as Laxus punched him across the face.

"Sting, let's do this!"

"Come on, Rogue,"

"Twin Dragon Slayers: Unison Raid!"

"Yo, Erik, try reading his mind!"

"You aren't supposed to say that out loud! Now he knows!"

"Iron Dragon: Hammer!"

I looked around to see them all in my view attacking Acnologia with all their power. Suddenly, I saw a hand in front of me.

"Y/n, come on," Natsu said with a toothy grin as he lent me his hand for support. Tears filled my eyes. I promised him. I promised that I would never leave.

He softly smiled at me and kneeled to hug me.

"Hey, it's okay. It must've been tough fighting him all alone. But now we are here. Don't worry, we'll take it from here on,"

I smiled sadly, "It's too late. I already took care of it."

He raised his eyebrow, "What do you mean?"

"I mean that I took care of it. It's over," I said, standing up.

He looked a bit confused at first but he smiled.

"That means we can all go home!"

"Yeah," I said. I could feel myself breaking down at his words. I hated myself for doing this. But it's not like I had a choice. I was not good enough to be the Empress. In the end, I let everybody down. But at least, I'm going to go with a blast.

3rd Person's POV

Y/n finally turned to Acnologia's way. Tears soaked her eyes as they slowly streamed down her cheeks. Her eyes turned into a bright white colour, even silver. Her dark black hair turned to silver. Her torn outfit turned into a beautiful white one. Her wounds and blood healed. Her whole body glowed. This time, she looked like a goddess, too bright for their eyes to even see. She looked like someone who didn't belong in this world. She had a beautiful crown in her head and staff on her hand.

As she sobbed, she stared at Acnologia who was rapidly recovering from the attacks

As she sobbed, she stared at Acnologia who was rapidly recovering from the attacks. With deep hatred in his beady eyes, he glared at her. He planned on the way he would kill her in the most painful way. But when he saw her, he fell on his knees. A memory flashed in his mind. Acnologia woke up restlessly. Somehow he couldn't sleep. He'd been having nightmares all night for some reason. Grumpily, he got up from his bed and walked out. Moonlight gleamed outside as many stars decorated the dark sky. He didn't care. All he cared about was his sleep. He decided to go check on his "daughter". Though he knew she was there, he could hear her soft snores with his dragon-hearing, he still felt the need to check. And there she was, with her legs sprawled out, her belly showing, her hands hugging her favourite toy, in a deep slumber. He smiled at it. He wanted to sleep beside her and hug her. He wanted to make sure she was close and safe. He wanted to protect her.