Axl Rose - Dancing Queen

There danced Jackie McKagan in the garage while her brother Duff McKagan put down a beat for her to dance to. She took in every note that changed, as she embraced each rhythm her brother set out to play.

"That was awesome Jackie! I think I'll have to show this bass line to the guys, maybe it'll be a line for a song." Duff applauded as he set his bass down. "Thanks brother." Jackie said out of breath. "You should come to one of our shows." Duff added. "If I have time, I'll definitely consider going." Jackie smiled. "Cool! Stop by at the Cathouse tomorrow at 9:00. Please come!" Duff pleaded. "I'll think about it. I'll see you later okay?" Jackie added as she hugged her younger brother goodbye.

Jackie walked down the streets, a rhythm in each of her footsteps as she looked at the sidewalk. Her eyes wandered around the small businesses lined up. She stared at the new cover of Vogue, with the title of Jackie McKagan with the direct page number on what page she was on in the magazine. "I made it into Vogue!" Jackie squealed, startling the strangers that walked past her. She ran into the store to look at the magazine.

The cover featured her, during a previous photo shoot Vogue asked her to do. Her hair was teased dramatically, and bold eyeshadow on her eyes. It was only a shot of her face, as she posed in a startled yet clueless manner, which gave it a mysterious look. The tiny headlines at the bottom called her a Dancing Queen, and the page number of her interview, followed by other small headlines on the cover.

"Yeah I'll buy this one." She smiled as she gave the cashier money.

"Duff guess what?" Jackie squealed through the phone. "What is it?" An eager Duff asked. "I'm on Vogue now!" She jumped. "Holy shit that's great! I'm super happy!" The opposite line answered. "You still think you'll be able to come tomorrow?" He asked. "I think so. I just really needed to tell you. I'll see you then. Bye!"

———

The next day, Jackie was very excited to see her younger brother's band play. Let alone meet the band members. Although Duff talked greatly about them, she still had to see for herself. She put on high waisted shorts, followed by a black t-shirt, and cowboy like boots. She marched down the streets, asking people around her directions to the Cathouse. Inside was a completely different scene.

The air smelled like alcohol, it was hot inside, and loud laughter and chatter filled the room. Jackie's eyes searched for a her younger brother, and she finally spotted him.

"Duff!" She exclaimed. "Jackie! I'm so glad you could make it!" He smiled as he hugged his sister. "Come backstage. I want you to meet the guys." He said as he led her backstage.

"Guys this is Jackie. Jackie this is the rest of Guns. She's my older sister but I will still kick your ass if you try anything with her." Duff explained. The man with the curly hair got up and greeted her first. She only saw a little bit of his face as he said "Hi I'm Slash."

A tall man with dark messy hair waved to her while he was tuning his guitar. She gave a small wave to him as she studied the room. It was busy, but more quiet than how it was outside the room.

A bubbly man came and greeted Jackie with a hug full of excitement. "Greetings! I'm Steven! Duff had told me so much about you!" He smiled. "Ah- thanks I'm Jackie it's nice to meet you." She smiled back.

"You should sit down Jackie." Duff motioned her to sit on the leather couch in the middle of the room against the wall. There sat the man with light orange hair, a blue bandanna wrapped around his hair and face as he smoked a cigarette.

"You must the Dancing Queen." He said in a low voice, sticking out his hand. "Wait- what?" She said acting surprised as he picked up the magazine with her face on it. "Duff told us how you made it onto Vogue and shit- that's pretty cool." He smiled while he flipped through the pages. "Yeah I did." She said as she looked at what he was reading.