Izzy Stradlin - I'm Very Pleased To Meet You

You were walking the streets of Los Angeles carelessly. The sun was setting, and you could see waves of people coming in and out of bars and strip clubs. You loved this time of night, where the party would just be getting started. You decided to call your friend f/n, so you both could party all night.

You walked to the nearest phone booth, and noticed a tall man, with dark hair, and sunglasses, along with a guitar behind his back in the phone booth. He looked mysterious, yet you liked the sight of him.

"Axl we can't play tonight, that recent drummer just fucking bailed out man. We'll have to try next week man." The man said angrily. You silently tapped the screen of the booth in attempts to get his attention. He looked back and gave you a finger signaling he needed one more minute. So you waited. You didn't wait for one minute, you waited for fifteen minutes! "Ok bye Axl. Some chick behind me needs to use the phone." The man says.

"Sorry for making you wait sweets, I just had to call my buddy." He says scratching his neck. "That's not a problem! It's not like I needed to use the phone that badly." You say smiling at him. "Well I feel bad for making you wait sweets, at least let me give you some change for the call-" He says reaching for his back pockets. "It's fine really. I have a quarter somewhere." You say searching your pockets. A quarter was not found in attempts in your search for change. "You know what-? I was just gonna call my friend to see if she wanted to hang out, but she's probably sleeping now." You say embarrassed. "Well who needs that sleepy head anyway sweets, you can hang out with me!" He says pulling a cigarette from his back pocket. "I don't really know you that well-" You tell him. "I know I dress weird, and I am weird, I'm just not that type of weird if you know what I mean." He says laughing while he lights his cigarette. "You smoke?" He says offering you a cigarette. "No thanks. Maybe later." You politely decline. "What's your name sweets?" The man asks you. "y/n. y/n l/n. What about you." You ask him. "Izzy. Izzy Stradlin." He says smiling at you.

"So what were your plans on this lovely Friday evening?" You say walking down the streets with him. "Well my friend Axl and I have been trying to put together a band, but we don't have anyone yet to make it a full band. We were gonna try a three person band, but the drummer quit last minute." Izzy rants. "I have a good friend of mine who plays bass guitar. His name is Michael, but he goes by Duff. I can give you his number. He's been on the lookout for joining a band." You tell him. "I'll think about it. Which bar do you want to head into?" He says pointing at the neon lights of each bar. "Whichever one you want to go to." You say smiling at him. "I have a good one in mind." He says smiling back at you.

It was not a bar. It was more of a strip club. Dancers were all over the place, people were getting wasted, while a band was rocking out as a crowd was dancing.

"Have you ever been here before?" Izzy says trying to talk over all the noise. "No I haven't. Strip clubs aren't really my scene." You say trying to talk over the noise. "I'll be right back y/n. I'll go get us some drinks. Did you want anything." Izzy asks. "I don't wanna get drunk or anything so I'll just get a Sprite." You say talking loud. He nods his head as he comprehended what you told him.

"You here alone hot stuff?" A stranger said approaching you. "Excuse me?" You say shocked. "Do you work here? Are you a stripper?" He says laughing. "I-um I'm not." You say stuttering.

The man continued to try to talk to you, and you were wonder why Izzy wasn't back.

He's probably not gonna come back. You thought.

"Listen hot stuff, how about you and I go to my place..." The man says nonchalantly. "Ummm, I don't think so sir-" You say but are interrupted by what seems to be your savior. "Hey y/n, sorry I took a while back there, I got your drink." Izzy says relieved. "Who's this?" Izzy says handing you your Sprite. You mouth 'I don't know' and Izzy got the hint. "Well babe are you going to tell me who this is or what?" Izzy says. "Well honey I don't really know who this man is. I was waiting for you!" You say playing along with what Izzy was doing. "Is there a problem here sir?" Izzy says as he pulls you closer by your waist. "I thought she was single..." The man says embarrassed. "Well she's a real looker ain't she. Too bad she's not yours she's dating me. I'm kind of lucky." Izzy says smiling down at you. The man rolls his eyes in annoyance and leaves. You both waited until he was out of sight so you both could start laughing.

"Holy shit- did you see the look on his face!" Izzy says laughing. "Thank you so much for helping me back there Izzy. I'm serious, he was acting like such an asshole to me before you showed up." You say calming down after laughing. "No problem y/n. No one deserves to be uncomfortable." Izzy says patting your back.

After you both left the bar, Izzy insisted on walking you home. When you both reached your house, sadly it was time to depart from each other.

"Listen y/n... I-I had a really great time hanging out with you today." Izzy says smiling at you. "I really enjoyed your company as well." You say smiling at him. "We should do this again I mean if you want to." Izzy says scratching his neck. "I would love to. Also back there... when you said I was your girlfriend, I wouldn't mind that actually happening." You say smiling at him, as you planted a kiss on his cheek. "Have a good evening Mr. Stradlin!" You say as you walk inside your house. "See you later Ms. l/n." Izzy says flustered and shocked.