Steven Adler - This Isn't You

Warning: mentions of drug use

"Please Steven! This isn't like you to be out on the streets looking for dope that isn't going to do you any good!" You sighed in disbelief, as you saw your best friend stumble in the door.

"Stop worrying about me y/n!" He said slurring his words so it almost sounded inaudible.

"Steven, I worry because I fucking care! I don't wanna see you using all your money on drugs! Your hard earned money, because you have so much talent! You could lose all that talent because of drugs!" You yelled, your eyes tearing up.

He gave you a cold stare, a look you'd never seen before.

"You know what? Leave me alone. I don't need this type of shit right now." He scoffed.

Izzy, who had been in the bathroom made an awkward facial expression as he heard the argument.

"You know what Adler? If you won't listen to me, you probably don't need me at all." You sighed as you collected your things and slammed the door.

Steven sighed as he plopped on the couch, rubbing his face.

Izzy scoffed as he grabbed turned on the television.

"What?" Steven groaned.

"Funny how you just drove away the greatest thing that's ever happened to you." He blankly said as he flipped through each channel with the remote.

That day seemed like forever ago, as time went on, when really, it had only been a month.

You though about Steven almost every day. You wondered if he was ok, if he needed help, or if he was doing well. Luckily, Duff filled you in on the details.

Truth be told, you loved Steven a lot. Seeing him fall to shambles because of drugs was you worst nightmare. One day, a frantic Duff called.

"y/n we need you. Steven needs you."

And with that, it had been as if you were given the power to teleport since you were at Steven's place very fast.

The door was unlocked, so you made your way inside. The living room was quiet. The kitchen, well silent. You went down the hallway where the bus slept, and there stood the four boys crowding Steven's bed.

"Thank goodness you're here." Axl sighed as he hugged you. It must have been urgent since Axl rarely pulled you in for an embrace.

The rest of the boys sighed in relief as each of them exited the room, leaving you alone with Steven.

Steven sat on his bed, his head resting on the drawer next to it. He groaned as he mumbled your name. You quickly ran help him to see what was wrong.

"y/n...I feel like shit." He groaned. You slowly helped him off the nightstand and helped him sit properly on his bed.

You smiled at him, and he smiled back. But it wasn't his 'Steven Adler' smile. This smile seems drained and lifeless, the complete opposite of what he smiled like.

"A-are you still mad at me?" He asked.

"Why would I be mad at you?" You smiled. Although you were mad at him for a moment, you loved him dearly and you always forgave him.

Steven smiled his bright smile again, and you loved that you made him smile like that.

"I'm sorry. Izzy told me everything that happened, and I was really sad that you weren't here the past couple of weeks well a whole month! I'm such an idiot." He laughed at himself.

You two laughed, then the room was silent.

"You know, drugs do fuck you up. Badly." He muttered as you nodded slowly.

"I know." You sighed. "Promise me one thing Steven."

"What is it?"

"Promise me you'll stay away from drugs and shit."

"I-I promise."

You smiled. "Good. Come take a nap with me."

He smiled as he hugged your waist, and rested his head on your chest. The two of you ended up sleeping the entire day, the band having fun with this and taking dozens of photos from disposable cameras, definitely ready to make fun of you later.

You most likely wouldn't care. You missed Steven a lot, and as his best friend, seeing him in a great state of mind was the best thing in the world. And besides, you missed giving him hugs.

Alrighty! It's 1:30 am where I live and I really can't sleep. So if this has errors, I'll most likely go over it again.