Preference - How He Acts While You Are Pregnant

Axl -
Let's just say Axl turned into a bodyguard. He didn't let anyone near you, not even your parents, or the band.

"No one is gonna hurt you or the baby. I promise." Is always his answer when you get mad at him for not letting you talk to people.

There was one day when you completely snapped at him. You guys were doing grocery shopping, when a lady decided to talk to you two.

"Oh congratulations! Is the baby a boy or girl?" The lady says as she smiles at the two of you. "Thanks for asking it's a-" You were about to finish your sentence, but Axl interrupted. "Sorry ma'am, please don't talk to her. She is very pregnant." Axl says. "Axl! She was just asking a question, I can talk to her if I want." You say annoyed and shocked. "Yeah but the baby-" He says worried. "Axl it's fine. Just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean I can't communicate!"

You two then got into an argument, and the lady slowly backed away from the two of you. Needless to say, Axl took a step down from being super protective. But whenever you talk with someone that isn't family, he eyes the person like a hawk.

Aside from being super protective, he always sings to you and your baby. He usually sings Patience, Knocking on Heaven's Door, and Sweet Child O' Mine. You love when he sings, so he does it often.

Slash -
As soon as he found out you were pregnant, he immediately turned into a softie. He's always babying you and the baby, and is always willing to help you. You told him many times that you were capable of doing stuff on your own, but he insisted.

"y/n what are you doing? You know I could have carried that box." Slash says disappointed. "Saul honey, it's fine. I'm capable of carrying things. You know that right?" You say laughing. "I know it's just that your pregnant. Aren't things stressful enough for you?" He says. "Yeah but I still want to help you. You've been over helping me ever since you found out I was pregnant. You need to relax." You say walking up to him. "Your right. Then do you want to wash the dishes?" He says smiling. "Umm how about you do that. I'm feeling pretty tired." You say jokingly. "Ok then that's fine I'll do it." He says leaving the room. "Saul! I was joking. I'll do it." You say laughing. "I know." He says laughing with you.

Overall he turned into more of a sweetheart then he was to begin with.

Duff -
The minute Duff heard you were pregnant, was the minute he decided he wanted to change. He decided he wanted to 'cut down on drinking because he thinks the baby would know if he drinks.' You thought it was adorable. Duff also tried to show more leadership skills, so he would try and convince the band on doing team building activities. His worst idea yet was to try and take them golfing.

"Remind me again why were here?" Axl said annoyed. "We're here because we all need to connect with each other, before Duff is tied to the chains of fatherhood." Slash says laughing. "Very funny Slash. We're here because I want to improve my leadership skills. My kid has to have a good role model." Duff says. "Then do this with your family then. Not us." Axl whines. "It's hot out here." Slash complains. "Do you even know how to play golf?" Axl asks. "I have some experience with golf. I'll teach you guys." He says grabbing a golf club.

After explaining to the boys how to properly play golf, it was too late to play. In secret, it was Slash and Axl's idea to stall so they wouldn't have to play. "Thanks for teaching how to play golf even though we didn't play Duff." Slash says. "Shut up Slash." Duff says annoyed. "Ok then see you guys later." Axl says leaving the golf course. "Ok bye then." Slash and Duff say.

later
"So you were upset that the 'team building' didn't go as planned?" You say patting your stomach. "Yes, that's exactly what I mean." Duff says plopping on your bed. "Well once 'baby' is born, you'll be able to take baby golfing if you want." You say sitting next to him. "Hell no. This baby is going to learn how to play music. None of that sports stuff." Duff says laughing. "Ok then. You'll be a great dad regardless." You say kissing his cheek. "I hope." He says sighing.

Izzy -
Izzy decided it would be the best to give you personal space, in a good way. You had been pretty stressed the last couple of weeks, and he didn't want to add more to your stress. You had locked yourself in your room for those past weeks, so he always helped in small gestures. He would make you tea, help you get up to the bathroom, and he even read your favorite books to you.

"Stay gold Ponyboy, stay gold. The pillow seemed to sink a little, and Johnny died."  Izzy says sadly while reading your favorite book. "Oh no Johnny..." You say crying. "You wanna keep reading?" Izzy says ruffling your hair. "No, we can read tomorrow. I'm just gonna cry myself to sleep." You say sadly. "Oh come on y/n, you've read the book and seen the movie a million times. Plus we can't have our baby be sad." Izzy says laughing. "Not funny Izzy." You say throwing a pillow at him. "Come on let's go to sleep. You can think about Johnny tomorrow morning." Izzy says getting ready to spoon you. "Your so fucking annoying Izzy. But I love you." You say laughing. "Anything for you, and our baby." Izzy says leaning up to give you a kiss on your forehead.

Steven -
I- well let's just say Steven completely forgot that you existed. He would always be having full on conversations with your stomach, you guys barely even talked anymore. You thought it was adorable how excited Steven was to be a dad. One night you caught him talking to the baby while you were sleeping.

He was patting your stomach, and he was saying all these sweet things. "Hey baby." He whispers. "We have to keep this conversation quiet because Mommy's sleeping. I hope you have a good night knowing that your daddy loves you. I can't wait until your born." He says continuing to pat your stomach.

Steven was ready to be the best dad in the world.

This chapter was requested by Lizziedoo22. Thanks for requesting this to me. And to everyone else, I hope you enjoyed reading this story! 🎸♥️

ps, there will be a part two/three to this where the baby is actually born, so stay in tune!