Izzy Stradlin - Late Night Talks

You took a long drag from you cigarette, huffing out the smoke. You were about to close your window when a familiar figure appeared. 

"y/n!" He called out in a soft way. It was in the middle of the night, and not wanting to wake anyone, he slowly climbed the tree near your window as you pulled him in.

"You're up this late?" You asked.

"I could ask the same thing about you." He smiled.

"Well, my parents are sleeping, so we're gonna have to keep this conversation at a quiet level. What's up?" You asked him, his smile fading.

"We got into a fight again." He muttered, referring to his on and off girlfriend.

"Let's talk on the roof." You told him, climbing out of your window, him following you.

-------

You tossed him a cigarette, and lit it up for him, as he huffed out the smoke like you did earlier.

"I don't get why you're with her. She's done nothing but break your heart." You scolded him.

"It's cause I know what love is actually like y/n. Like you would know." He snapped. Silence filled the air, only the sound of crickets in the warm grass down near the driveway.

"I'm sorry." He told you apologetically.

You sighed. "It's fine."

"No, it's not fine. I just sounded like a child right now." He muttered, internally yelling at himself.

"I get it. You're right. I've never been in love with someone. I mean, I had crushes, but never have actually been in love." You told him.

"That's a damn lie y/n. You've have had to loved someone before." He teased.

"What's it like being in love?" You asked him like a curious child.

"Well to me, being in love is having so much affection and care towards them, that they're always on your mind. When you wake up, when you brush your teeth, and even the smallest moments when you're looking at something as plain as a sign, you just can't get them out of your head. You want to see them be happy, and you do everything you can to make them happy or at least smile." He went on.

"Look at you Romeo. Can I have poetic Izzy?" You joked, as you scooted next to him.

"Oh shut it." He chuckled. 

"Do you think she loves you?" You muttered out of no where. Izzy thought about your question, and wondered: Does she really think of him all the time?

He took a deep breath. "No. I don't think she does."

You stared at Izzy for a couple of seconds. His hair went over his face, with a small frown on his lips. The moonlight shined on his nose, pointing out almost every perfection Izzy had. You gave him a soft smile.

"Come to think of it, I think I have been in love with someone." You smiled as he turned his head to face you.

"Who?" He asked.

"Well I'm not gonna tell you exactly who, but I have thought about him many times. I always worry about him. I always wonder if he's genuinely happy. I think about him almost every day, and the best part of day is when I get to hear his voice." You smiled at him.

"I wonder who it is?" He smirked.

"George Harrison. Duh! Do you realize how happy I get when I hear his voice on my record player?" You joked, as Izzy laughed.

"All jokes aside, it's you." 

"Can you repeat that?" He asked, holding his hand close to his ear.

"I said I love you Izzy." You told him as you stared at your hands. 

"I think Y/N L/N loves me!" He mocked.

"Shut up before I take it back." You laughed.

"I love you too." He said hugging you.

The two of you climbed off the roof and went to the tree, but Izzy slipped off, luckily it wasn't from a high distance so you could make fun of him.

"Damn it. I fell on my ass and now my entire hurts." Izzy groaned as you laughed at him from your window.

"y/n, what's all this commotion going on?" Your father asked.

"I um, Izzy was here and started to talk to me." You stuttered.

Your dad looked out the window to see nothing but a quiet street.

"You're going insane." He sighed as he left your room.

You looked out the window to see Izzy coming back to your window, as he waved. You blew a kiss, but instead used your middle finger instead of your whole hand. He blew a kiss back, but with his whole hand.

Late night talks with Izzy were the best.