Axl Rose - I Would Hate You If I Could

Months passed and Axl couldn't grasp how he let you go. He tried to distract himself, but the number or groupies or bottles of beer couldn't help at all. Everything he did brought back a memory of you.

But that was just Axl's point of view. You were devastated when Axl broke up with you. It was two years of your life, all for it to be taken away. While you were crying every night, the media had a great time updating everything Axl did. From leaving clubs with mysterious women, to him refusing to say your name in public, it made you feel even worse.

You hated him... well at least you tried.

The boys noticed how sad Axl was, and decided to take him to a party some Hollywood actor was hosting. Rockstars, famous businessman, actors, models, athletes, everyone would be there. Everyone including you.

It's not like you wanted to go that party. But your friend was dating some athlete and really wanted you to go.

So there you were, in your favorite color dress, drinking an expensive glass of champagne, laughing with your friend when you saw him.

Most people at the party knew you, and moreover, your relationship with Axl. While the party was still going, people were shooting awkward glances at you and Axl.

You tried your best to avoid him, mainly by drinking heavier alcohol in hopes of getting him out of your mind.

"I think you've had one drink too many. Don't you think?" You heard a voice behind you.

There he was. The man you loved, but hated at the same time. He looked good, and different. He hadn't shaved his face in a while, so he had some sort of mustache going on. He looked tired. But with all these changes he still managed to put on his same smile.

"And why should you be concerned?" You sneered.

"Cause I'm worried." He answered.

"Oh, just like how you were worried when I cried myself to sleep almost every night, while you were sleeping with random chicks right? You were so worried! You clearly didn't care enough for our relationship... so don't care about how much I drink!" You snapped.

The whole room went silent. There was music still playing, but immediately everyone in the room looked uncomfortable. It was definitely your drunk side talking, you would never act like that sober. Well... sometimes.

Axl looked embarrassed. Not because of the scene you made, but because you were partially right. As much as Axl loved you, he did nothing to get you back. But it's because he though you hated him. In his mind, he'd rather think that you despised him, instead of hearing you actually say it.

The room got loud again, people starting talking and laughing like they were before, so you decided to step outside.

"Wait Y/N!" Axl called out as he ran after you.

"Can we please talk?" He pleaded.

"...I guess, but let's talk outside."

The air was cold, but it wasn't anything you couldn't handle. Axl on the other hand was freezing, but decided to say nothing of it since he was desperate to talk to you.

"Y/N...?" Axl said in almost a whisper.

"Yeah?" You asked.

"Listen... I'm sorry. I acted like a fucking idiot by letting you leave- and I want to apologize on how I left you." He stammered.

"I will admit Axl, I was devastated when you broke up with me. Seeing you with different women after we broke up also crushed me. It made me almost hate you."

"And I hate myself for doing that to you." He apologized.

"The thing is, I would hate you if I could, but I can't. I can't throw away two years of being with you, plus many more years of being my friend. I'm too involved y'know?" You stated while Axl nodded.

"I just can't get you out of my head. Everything I do reminds me of you. Look... we don't have to be together, and at least we can be friends, but I need you in my life." He suggested.

He sounded almost uncertain about his statement, mainly because he was scared of you saying no.

"I'd really like that." You smiled.

"Shall we go back to the party?" Axl grinned.

"Hell no! It was soo boring." You both laughed.

Hey 🧍🏻‍♀️

Anyways, it's been a month since I last updated this book, and I apologize. I've had some serious writers block, but I think I'm slowly getting my creative spark again lol.

BUT- this chapter is based on the song 'I would hate you if I could' by Turnover. They are a more recent band, and I've listened to them for about a couple years now. I'll put the song down below if you wanna listen to it. The song is amazing, along with the whole album Peripheral Vision, so listen to if you want to!

ALSO if I don't update in the next week, you have the right to yell at me.

I also have a new friend who looks like Izzy lol.

That's all! I appreciate those who read my stories!