Axl Rose - Send Me A Letter

"Who is it?" You yelled as you threw your robe over you. "How can I help you..." You say slowly to see a man with light orange hair that was soaked from the rain. "You probably don't know me, but can I stay here?" He says in a deep voice. You hesitated for a minute.

"What if he's some serial killer and I'm his next victim? What if he's gonna steal my stuff? No, he doesn't look the type. But that's the thing, it's the innocent ones that are evil sometimes! You know what he can stay." You thought as you sighed.

"Y-yes, you can. I need to know your name first." You say holding onto the door. "My names Axl. Axl Rose." He says as he holds out his hand. "And you are...?" He asks. "y/n. y/n l/n." You smile slowly as you shake his hand.

"So Axl, why do you need a place to stay?" You ask as you hand him a towel. "Well I just recently moved from Indiana, and some guy I know told me to go to this complex, but I knocked on every door, and no one responded." He says as he dries his hair. "That sucks man, are you hungry?" You say you take the wet towel from his hands.

"I'm starving!" He huffs as he got up. When he got up, he left the couch soaked. You and him both noticed this. "Oh shit- I'm sorry." He sighs, getting angry at himself. "Oh it's fine, really. It's you I'm worried about. If you left the couch that soaked, you must be freezing, you could catch a cold." You say. "Here I'll go get you some things." You say as you run to your room. "Ok." He says softly, as he taps his leg.

"Hey what size would you be in a woman's size?" You yell. "I don't really know like a small or medium?" He questions. "Ok then these might fit. They might be a little bit big on you, but it's all I have." You say tossing him your navy blue pajama set. "Thanks. They'll fit fine." He says as he runs his hand on the buttons of the shirt. "Ok well you go on and get dressed. I'll see if I can make you something. Also put your clothes near my washing machine so they can get washed." You say as you head to the fridge. "Oh ok- I'll go to the bathroom then." He says nervously. "Down on the right." You say.

"Listen- you didn't have to do any of this." He sighs as he eats the soup you made him. "Why wouldn't I?" You question. "I mean look at me. I come from Indiana with no money, and I don't even have a plan." He says. "Why did you come to California in the first place?" You say as you drink a glass of water. "Well it's more personal reasons really, but I know Indiana has nothing to offer me, so I came here." He says. "Hmm, I see." You nod. "Well it's almost midnight, and I feel like going to sleep now." You say as you get up. "I'm sorry for making you stay up." He says looking down at his bowl. "It's nothing to worry about Axl. I couldn't sleep for some reason." You laugh softly. "You can have my bed, I'll sleep on my couch." You say. "y/n, it's fine. I can sleep on the couch, hell I'll even sleep on the floor." He says getting up fast. "Nope, you're taking my bed." You say as you lead him to your room. "Bathroom is across the hallway, and yeah I guess I'll see you in the morning hopefully." You sigh. "Once again, thank you." He says smiling at you. "No problem. Just don't get used to this kind of treatment if you go to other people. In LA, or basically anywhere, people can be assholes." You yawn. "Goodnight Mr. Axl Rose." You smile. "Goodnight Ms. l/n." He says grinning at you.

the next morning
"Hey, good morning." Axl yawns. "Good morning Axl, did you sleep well?" You ask while you sip your coffee. "As a matter of fact I did. Sleeping on the streets and on the bus can make your back super uncomfortable." He says sighing, as he took a pen and napkin. "That's rough. You can stay for as long as you'd like ya know." You say as you stir your coffee with a spoon. "I'd love to, but I have a friend- Izzy, who I'm supposed to see again." He says as drew on the napkin. "That's interesting." You pause.

"Why are you meeting up with him?" You ask. "Well, we're trying to make a band or some shit. It's been very hard to find some people with real talent, people who play because music is in their souls, and not just putting out music for the money." He says trailing off. "Yeah, it's hard to find people with compassion for a hobby or career. I admire you for taking the musical arts into your soul." You say smiling at him. "Thanks." He chuckles as he blushed.

The two of you couldn't help but stare at each other. You examined his facial features, and boy oh boy was he gorgeous. The way his light orange hair fell over his face, as his eyes had so much life in them, yet they looked like they had seen too much of the world, and how his lips formed a small smile as he looked at you.

"Well will you look at the time!" You say as you sprung out of your chair. "Yeah, it looks like we're ready to start the day I guess." He says getting up fast as well.

"Listen... Axl, it was really nice meeting you, I'm kind of glad it rained last nigh." You say smiling at him. "I'm really glad it rained too." He says looking down at your lips. He moved in closer to your face, as you moved your face towards his. He then pulled you in for a sweet yet passionate kiss, a kiss like no other, and would definitely be a kiss you'd never forget.

"W-wow." You say mesmerized. "I could say the same thing about you too." He says smiling. "You know, I have to head off to work now." You say frowning. "Bummer." He sighs. "If this is the last time I ever see you again, I hope you and your band make it big." You say smiling. "I'll definitely have to tell you then." He laughs. "You'll have to write me a letter of some sort so I can buy a ticket." You tell him. "Well when we do, I'll mail you a letter." He says as you both head out the door.

He walked the opposite way from where you were going, and a feeling of sadness came over you.

"Hey Axl!" You holler. "What?" He yells back. "Just know I'm your biggest fan. Don't forget about me!" You wave, as he blew a kiss at you.

———
That was over two years ago. You never forgot about that day, and sometimes you'd even remember that day like it was yesterday. You wondered what happened to Axl. Did he actually become famous and just forget about you? Maybe he decided going into the music industry wasn't his thing. There were many bands that were rising from the LA scene, maybe him and his band were one of them. Whatever it was, you hoped he was doing well.

"Hey Ms. l/n." The mailman said as he handed you the mail. "Same old bills?" You ask. "Probably. Nothing's new." He sighs. "We'll see you soon Ms.    l/n." He waves. "Yeah-" You say closing the door. "Let's see." You say talking to yourself. "Bills, bills, scam letter, wait... what the hell is this?" You say.

You picked up the envelope that stood out. It was a black envelope that had hand drawn skulls on it. It stood out to you, so you decided to open it.

Come see Guns N Roses for their Appetite for Destruction tour 1988!

"Guns N' Roses?" You question.

VIP backstage pass: Courtesy of W. Axl Rose.

"Axl!?" You shrieked from excitement. You looked inside the envelope to find a note left inside. You decided to read it.

"Hey y/n. It's me Axl. Axl Rose. I hope you remember me, cause I sure as hell remember you. I know it probably sounds creepy that I'm mailing you almost two years later, but guess what? I made it big time! I'm in a band now, and we've just released our new album a while back. You might have listened to it, but I wanted to thank you for my first night in LA. I've come a long way and the night I met you has to be one of my favorite memories. I hope that doesn't sound creepy. But anyways, if you're free, hopefully you can come see us play. We play on the 16th this month.

Sincerely,
Axl Rose."

The fact that he wrote back made your heart melt. Out of excitement you called your best friend to tell her everything. But you didn't notice the 'ps' at the bottom.

"Anyways if you do go, would you like to go on a date after. I'm probably out of my mind. Hope to see you there!"