Izzy Stradlin - Let's Do This Again

FINALLY I made on for Izzy.

"You want me to do what?" You tell Izzy shocked. "Please I don't have anyone to go with! Besides, you get to dress all fancy, with a pretty dress, and your hair will be nice and done." Izzy says listing the many things you really don't want to do. But just to be nice since Izzy is your best friend, you decide to go. "Fine I'll go, but I would have to get a dress." You say pausing Izzy. "That's ok. We can go dress shopping later. I'll see you later! Bye y/n." Izzy says giving you a kiss on the cheek, and running out of your house.

Truth is, you were quite honored that Izzy asked you to be his 'date' for the awards ceremony. There are millions of women who would want to go with Izzy. Why would he choose me? Is it because I'm his friend? That's probably why. You thought. You were thinking about this for the entire day, that a couple of hours later, you didn't even realize that your phone was ringing.

"Hello?" You ask. "Hey y/n, it's me Izzy. Did you want to pick out your dress today, or tomorrow?" Izzy says through the phone. "We can go today." You say. "Ok then I'll drop by your place and then we can go." You say smiling into your sentence. "Alright sounds like a deal. See you later." He says.

Truth is, Izzy was a complete wreck, and he was so nervous to ask you to go with him. Izzy had liked you for a while, and he didn't know how to ask you on a date, or ask you to be his girlfriend, and he built up a lot of courage to ask you. He was hoping that he could ask you out at the end of the awards show.

later
"Hey Iz. Ready to go?" You say. "Yeah totally." Izzy says excited. "So my friend told me how this new dress shop opened, and I might want to go there to see the dresses. Did you have any in mind?" You say, walking down the streets with Izzy. "No, not really. Your gonna be the beautiful one wearing the dress, not me. It's only fair you choose where you want to go." Izzy says looking at you. "Oh um- alright we can go there then." You say smiling, but then turning away to hide your blush. Why were you feeling this way about Izzy?

At the boutique
"I don't know about this one Iz. I don't think the color suits me well." You say shrugging at the failed dress. "Well what color do you think suits you?" Izzy says getting up from his seat. "Umm maybe (your color of choice)."You say. "It matches my skin tone the best" You continue to tell him."Ok this time can I find a dress?" Izzy pleads. "Go ahead, I still need to change out of this dress." You say returning to the dressing room. "Alright, I'll knock on your door." Izzy says walking away.

✨flash forward ✨
Knock. "Hey y/n. I found this really pretty dress. I think you might like it." Izzy says. And from what you could tell, he sounded pretty excited. "Ok Izzy I'll take the dress." You say slowly opening the door. "Shit, y/n I completely forgot that I have to make an outfit and to help the band for a possible winning speech. Here I'll leave you my card in case you find a dress you like." Izzy says annoyed. "No it's fine Iz. If I find a dress I like I can buy it." You say reassuringly through the door. "No. I'm buying you the dress. Here I'll put my card with the dress. Don't worry about it." He says again. "Jeffery Dean Isbell, if you don't let me pay for this-" You say in a commanding tone. "Fine. But next week I'm buying everything for you. You don't have to buy it. I can-" He says but you cut him off. "I'm buying it myself. Simple as that. Plus, don't you have to go get ready yourself?" You ask him. "Yeah I do. But I'll see you Friday for the show. I'll pick you up around six. See ya." Izzy says. You soon hear the bell to the door ring, indicating that he left.

You then stared at the dress Izzy picked out for you. It was the perfect shade of (color of choice), it also was the perfect length for a dress, and the silk texture to the dress was the cherry on top. Not to mention the little embroidered lace flowers on the collar. It looked like a red carpet worthy version of a nightgown, and you loved it. Now it's time to try it on. You thought. To your surprise, this dress was amazing. It was in the style fit you liked, so you were quite satisfied, and it was very flattering on you. "I think this is the one!" You say squealing. "Honey are you okay?" The store clerk asks you. "Um yeah I'm fine." You say calming down. When you finally got ready to pay for the dress, a rush of excitement hit your mind again. You were actually happy that you were going to go with Izzy.

Friday
"Hey y/n. I'll pick you up in about 10 minutes. Sorry I'm running a little late. See you soon." Izzy's voice played through your voicemail machine. You had just finished getting ready. You had put your dress on a while ago, and put your hair in a messy, yet finished bun. Then did your makeup till you got the look you were going for. Finally you heard a knock on your door. You slowly open the door to reveal Izzy.

"Hey Iz!" You say opening your door. "Hey y/n..." Izzy says, his voice trailing off, as his jaw drops. "You took the dress I picked out?" He says schooled. "Yeah I did." You say excited. "Well I'm glad I chose that dress. You look amazing!" He says excited, pulling you into a hug. "Let's go now, we can't be late." He says opening the door of his car, gesturing for you to sit down.

"So, are you excited about the awards?" You say tapping on your leg. "Excited? More like a nervous wreck. I know I don't have to go up and thank everyone, but I'm still nervous." He says looking at the road. "Well I'm sure you guys will do just fine. Besides, I've heard you guys since day one. You guys sounded amazing, and whether or not you win the award, you guys will always be my favorite band." You say smiling at him. "Thanks." He chuckles.

The awards show took all night, and they won an MTV Award. Needless to say the band was pretty excited that they won, and decided to throw a party after. You were already tired, so you decided to pass on the party, and visit them in the morning.

"You sure you don't want to go y/n? It'll be fun." Slash says. "No thanks Saul. I'm not really up for partying today. I'm too tired." You say smiling at him. "You want us to call you a cab?" The boys say. "That'd be wonderful-" You were about to finish your sentence, but Izzy cut you off. "It's fine man. I'll take her home. We don't want any creeps hitting on her." Izzy says jokingly. "Ok Izzy. Let's go then. I feel like I'm gonna fall asleep on the floor." You say.

At your house
"Thanks y/n. I'm so glad that you decided to go with me. And I know you probably didn't want to go in the first place-" He rambles. "No Izzy. Today was really fun, and I enjoyed being your 'date'." You say. "Well I'm happy you enjoyed going with me. We should do this again." He says smiling at you. "Sure like a real date. I hope a real date." You say looking at him. "Y-yeah then a real date. How about next Friday?" He says blushing. "Yeah then. Next Friday." You say smiling at him. "Oh my goodness! I'm so happy you want to go on a date with me!" He says excited, then pulling you in for a hug. "Ok Iz. I'm gonna go to bed now. I'll see you tomorrow morning." You say giving him a kiss on the cheek. "Ok see ya." He says then running to his car.

Then Izzy pulled into the gas station, and went to a pay phone. "Hello?" The voice on the other line said. "Steven is this you?" Izzy says. "Yeah." Steven says. "Guess what? Y/n said yes!" Izzy says happily.

I'm so happy I finally made a chapter for Izzy. Hope you all enjoyed reading this. ♥️🎸