Duff McKagan - All Over Again

The sun was shining through the thin fabric that was considered a curtain. You definitely had to get new ones. But that was the least of your worries when you saw your husband Duff humming while washed his hands in the bathroom that was connected to the bedroom.

"Well good morning sunshine!" He smiled as he sat down on the bed.

"Good morning Duff." You smiled back as you ruffled your hands in his mop of blonde hair. "I thought Axl and the rest of the guys were gonna go to the studio."

"Well we can't do much since Steven's arm is broken, so Axl just decided to have a day off basically." Duff explained. You nodded your head as he began to talk even more.

"But," He said as he clasped his hands together. "That gives the two of us a free day!" He smiled.

"That's great Duff!" You smiled.

Truth be told, you were very excited that you got to spend a day together. Duff was always at the studio with his band recording new material, or having interviews with the press that their manager set up. Some days he'd just hang out with the rest of the boys, and although you loved all of them dearly, you needed your husband to be with at least for one day. Not to mention the long tour that added struggles to your relationship, which Duff was very grateful that you endured the whole process. It was only after the tour that he asked you to marry him, in which you responded a 'yes'.

"We can have lunch downtown, and then we can go to the shops there, I heard there were so many new businesses that just opened on the street." Duff rambled. Clearly he was excited too.

"I know I was talking with my friend a couple days earlier about it. It's so cool!" You told him.

"Well we won't get anything out of this lovely sunny day if we don't get out of bed!" Duff exclaimed as he jumped from the bed.

"Duff what should I wear today?" You asked as you held up the lightweight knit jumper in one hand, and a button up shirt in the other.

"It's too hot for you to be wearing that Y/N." Duff said. "Here wear this." He said as he tossed you CBGB tank.

"Duff this is yours. I can't wear it." You scoffed.

"I know it's mine Y/N. And I think you'll look fucking gorgeous in it." He said as he rummaged through his messy pile of clothes.

"I told you to organize that pile days ago! Now all your shit is wrinkled and you can't tell what's clean and what's been used." You frowned as you picked at his clothes.

"Exactly why I have this sunshine." He said raising his eyebrows as you stared at him in confusion.

He lowered himself down till he was on the floor and rummaged for boxes that were stored underneath your bed. He pulled out a suitcase that was filled with neatly folded clothes.

"Ta da!" He sang as he held up an outfit he managed to put together. "I completely forgot to unpack my shit when we got home from the tour. I guess it came in handy." He laughed.

"Your so unpredictable." You chuckled as he changed into his outfit.

As the two of you finished getting dressed, you realized how relaxed Duff looked. Usually he was pretty tense. Not because of being at the studio, it was dealing with the bullshit and lies the media would say. They weren't bad people, and it stressed him that the media portrayed his band as a destructive, selfless band. It was great for him that he could just breathe, and be with the person he loved.

"You ready to go?" You asked him, in which he gave a small grin as the two of you walked down the sidewalks of the town.

"So where to first?" He asked.

"Hmm. Well it's too early for lunch, so I guess we can go shopping and just walk." You suggested as he nodded.

"Sounds good to me!" He smiled.

From far away, there were sounds Duff knew too well: camera flashes. Duff had built a tiny fear in his mind that you'd eventually get sick of his famous rock n roll life, and that you'd leave him. None of it was true, you'd stick by Duff no matter what. So with every camera flash here and there, he'd walk closer to you, or hold your hand.

"Look Duff! This store sells home furniture and some of its on sale!" You said in excitement as you opened the door.

After a whole day of walking around small shops and trying different snacks at food stands, the sun started to set, as the air cooled down and a small breeze roamed in the atmosphere.

Duff had taken a shower after you took one and was greeted by a cup of coffee and an invite to the balcony. The two of you sat in silence, taking in the breeze that passed, you and Duff occasionally having to move your own hair out to your face.

"I'm so glad I got to spend the day with you Y/N. It feels great to feel normal. It was a nice refresher." Duff sighed as he swished the coffee in his mug.

"It was a nice day." You smiled as you dipped your coffee.

The streets were silent, occasionally people walking with their friends or children, or even dogs! You smiled when you saw a dog from the height off of the balcony, and your smile meant everything to Duff. It was a smile that made him swoon and feel all mushy inside. It was a smile that made him love you all over again. And he was glad that he could love you everyday.

This has to be one of my favorite pieces I've written because 1. It's Duff and 2. It's really cute in my opinion. I also want to thank all of you lovely readers who have read my book and got it to 10k reads!!!!!!! It means the absolute world to me that all of you have read my stories, and how there will be special places in my heart for those who've been reading since I first started writing these stories! I love you all ❤️