Chapter 20

(James POV)
I woke up early the next morning before my wife and smile while I try to be quiet as I get out of bed and change then head downstairs to do a work out before Hadaza wakes up. An hour goes by and I finish my work out and then hop into the shower, quickly washing my body and then go and make dinner seeing my wife was still sound asleep. I finish making breakfast for both of us and make my way upstairs with it and to the bedroom where my wife was still sound asleep. "Good morning sleepy head." I say setting the food on her bedside table and open the blinds letting the sun in and causing her to wince. "James!!!!!!!!! Its to bright." She whines turning away from the window. "Oh come on love. we get our daughter back today and I made coffee." I say trying to bribe her. "Uhhhh you don't stop at anything do you Phelps." She says sitting up tiredly and faces me. "Nope. Coffee." I say handing her the cup. She takes it and drinks it happily starting to become herself. "Better?" I ask her. "Much better." She says looking at me. "Good now lets eat." I say sitting down and grab my breakfast. She just smiles and sets her coffee down and eats her food. "You feeling okay today?" I ask her. "Yeah. I feel well rested and the cramps aren't there anymore." She says taking bite of her toast. "Good. You seem a lot more relaxed and back to your normal self. However this is a site." I say playfully pointing to her messy hair. "Oh shove off mate." She say elbowing me in the side gently. Yeah she's been around my brother and I for way to long and has sorta picked up more British sayings then her American sayings that she's been so use to. I eat and smile enjoying her company and the quietness. "Are we going to pick autumn up from your parents or are they going to bring her over here?" My wife asks drinking her coffee. "We are going to go pick her up from my parents shortly." I say finishing eating and drink my coffee.

My wife just nods and stands up going to get ready for the day. "owww." I hear my wife wince from the bathroom. "You okay in there love?" I ask. "I'm fine. Just trying to brush my hair." She says wincing again. I chuckle softly and clean up leaving my wives coffee where it is knowing that if I touch it she'll go crazy on me. A few minutes my wife walks out partially ready for the day and makes her way to the closet and gets changed. "Almost ready love?" I ask as she walks out looking down as she fixes her shirt and zips her jeans up. "Yep just gotta get shoes on and finish my coffee of course." She says drinking her coffee and searching for a sweater and her shoes. "You excited to get our daughter back today?" I asked her as she finishes her coffee and slips her shoes on. "Of course I am. I missed her a lot. It felt great to just have alone time and quietness for two days." She says grabbing her phone and makes her way downstairs with me. "I'm glad you feel that way. I miss her too. Lets go get her." I say wrapping my arm around my wives waist as she grabs her purse and makes her way out to my car. I smile and go with her and get in then start up the car and drive off to go pick up my child.

We arrive at my parents house twenty minutes later and I park then get out with my wife and make my way to the front door and knock. "Ahhh hello you two. Come on in." I hear my dad say as he lets me in. "Thanks dad." I say as my wife and I walk in. "Hello James. Hadaza. Autumn is napping. All her stuff is packed and ready to go." My mom says hugging me and my wife. "Thank you for watching her for two days. We really needed a few days to ourselves." Hadaza says hugging my mom. "Oh don't sweat it honey. Your talking to a woman who had twins and was a stay at home mom. So I know what its like to have time to yourself. I believe she is up wanna go see her?" She asks us. "Hadaza why don't you go with my mom I'm going to put the stuff in the car." I say to my wife who nods and goes up with my mom. I grab the dipper bag and bring it out to the car and turn smiling seeing my wife and my daughter who was super excited and wide awake in my wives arms. "How's my little princess doing?" I coo kissing her head. "Dadda!DADDA!" She says happily and makes grabby hands at me. "Hello baby girl. Miss me?" I say taking her in my arms and holding her. "Dadda!" She says happily and hugs me. "I'm taking this hug as a yes. Can you say bye bye to grandma and grandpa?" I say holding her. She just waves and smiles. "Alright lets go home." My wife says. "Okay. Bye mom and dad. Thanks for everything." I say heading to the car with my wife and daughter and put her in her car seat. Once I knew she was secure I got in and started to drive back home. "Do you want a bath when you get home princess?" My wife asks turning her body to her.