Chapter 17

(Hadaza's POV)
So for the past few weeks my husband and I have been trying to get autumn to stand which all the attempts failed miserably. James is busy with work and I'm getting autumn and myself ready to go to autumns doctors appointment which James won't be attending this time due to meetings with his students and the staff. "Dadda!" My daughter says as I slip on her socks and shoes. "Daddas not coming today. Sorry princess. It's just going to be a mommy and autumn day." I say finishing and pick her up and grab my stuff making my way downstairs being as quiet as I can knowing James was in the middle of a class.

Once I was downstairs I grab my keys and my purse and head to the car making sure I have everything I needed and then set the bags and stuff in my car and then get autumn comfy and strapped in. "Alright princess." I say getting in and starting the car up and drive to the doctors. "Hey Alexa text hubby that autumn and I are on our way to the doctors now and if he needs anything give me a call." I say to my car. "Texting hubby." It says back as it sends James a text. I drive and stop at a stop light and wait to turn. Autumn lays in her car seat cooing and squealing playing with a rattle that was on the car seat itself. Once the light turned green I turn and then pull into the parking lot of the doctors office and park. I get out after I turn the car off then grab my purse and dipper bag then go to the back seat and grab autumn and head inside checking in and wait to be called back. "Momma momma." She says over and over again bouncing up and down on my lap. "What princes?" I ask her. "Ollie." She says excitedly. She also in the span of a couple of weeks learned how to say her uncles name as well as cat and dog.

"Uncle Oliver isn't hear right now princess." I say laughing and kiss her nose. "Autumn Phelps?" I hear a nurse call. I smile and stand up putting autumn on my hip and then grab the bags and head back. "Hello again. Nice to see you guys again. Any changes with her at all?" The nurse asks smiling as she does autumns height and weight. "Not really other then the fact she's still not wanting to stand up." I say as we make our way back to a room. "Alright. Anything else?" She asks making a note of it. "Nope." I say shaking my head as I take a seat. "Okay. The doctor will be right in with you shortly." She says smiling and leave. Autumn bounces on my lap and continues repeating my name and her fathers name and her uncles name over and over. "Shhh princess. Want your pacifier?" I ask pulling one out of the bag. Autumn takes it and puts it in her mouth quieting down. I hear a knock on the door. "Come in." I call. "Hello Hadaza. Hello autumn. No James today?" She asks surprised to not see my husband here. "No he's busy with work today. So it's just a mommy daughter day. Isn't that right princess?" I say stroking autumns hair gently. Autumn coos and smiles behind her pacifier. "That's okay. Can I have her?" She asks. I hand her over to her doctor as she lays her on the bed.

Autumn lays down and lets her doctor check her out. "So it says here that she's still not attempting to stand." Her Doctor says. "Yeah. Even if we put her up on her feet and hold her she wants nothing to do with it and whines wanting to sit down and crawl around. I'm worried. Shouldn't she be trying to stand at this age?" I ask sitting. "All babies develop differently. She might be a late walker. If she's not standing by the time she turns one then there's a problem. Just constantly keep encouraging her and helping her stand." She says continuing the check up. I nod and sit watching knowing deep down that there's something really wrong. "Alright she's all happy and healthy. However it is time for her shot." She says handing her back to me. "Oh she hates those and she only does well if her fathers present." I say holding my daughter and laugh nervously. "I know." She says going to get what she needs.

I sigh and text my husband quickly and ask if he's got a meeting or a class in the next ten minutes. Right after I text him I get a FaceTime call from him. "I don't have another meeting for another hour. What's up love? How we doing?" He asks looking at me. "Okay. Autumns a healthy little one. I asked if you were free because she's gotta get her shots and she hates them and becomes difficult when your not hear holding her." I say. "Awwww poor thing. Let me see her. I'll talk to her while she gets them." He says. I nod as the doctor comes in and gets everything ready as I put my phone in front of autumn. Her face automatically lights up and she claps her hands seeing her father. "Hello princess." He says happily. "Dadda! Dadda!" She says excitedly as I hold her still and take her pacifier in my hand as her doctor gives her her first shot. Once she's given that first shot she starts crying. "Awwwww honey don't cry. Shhhhhh it's okay. Your okay princess." He says as she cries and screams loudly as she gets her second shot. "All done princess." The Doctor says putting bandaids on her. "See your all done princess. You did it. When you come home daddy's going to give you lots of cuddles okay." He says. Autumn calms down and sniffles. "Good girl. Dadda has to go back to work but he will see you soon princess. Okay?" He says.