Chapter 30

(Two days before Christmas.)

(Hadaza's POV)
It is two days before Christmas and my husband and I are busying putting the last few finishing touches in our house with putting Christmas decorations up. "Love, I need help." I call to him. "What do you need help with?" He asks walking in. "I need this to go up there and I can't reach that part." I say holding an ornament in my hand and point to the spot on the tree that was way to high up for me. "Do you want me to lift you up so you can put it on yourself?" He asks teasingly. "James." I whine playfully and hand him the ornament which he takes and hangs up. "We gotta get you a ladder or get a smaller tree." He says laughing causing me to smack his chest gently and roll my eyes laughing. "Your mean. Picking on your short wife like that." I say rolling my eyes and check the baby monitor seeing autumn was still napping. "I love you." He says sitting next to me and pulls me onto his lap. I smile and sit on it and wrap my arms around his neck and snuggle into him. "Two days till autumn's first official christmas." I say holding onto his shoulders. "I know I am so excited to see how she reacts with opening her gifts." He says smiling happily. "Yeah. We wearing matching pjs again?" I ask him. "Yes because you convinced me two years ago to wear them." He say kissing my shoulders gently. "Yay. I love you. You are the best husband ever." I say happily and kiss his cheek gently. "I love you too." He says holding me as we both watch the baby monitor and see our daughter wake up from her nap. "She slept for an hour. Not bad." I say standing up and turn the baby monitor off and go get her to bring her downstairs while my husband goes and makes lunch for us.

It's hard staying inside and active during the winter months with an active one year and to days before christmas and we don't want to be out on the road unless we need to. "Okay let's go say hi to daddy baby girl." I say walking into the kitchen with autumn on my hip. "Hi princess. How are we doing?" He says smiling and kisses her head gently. "Dadda." She says smiling happily and holds onto my shirt. "Let's get you into your high chair so you can have lunch." I say setting her in her chair and grab her food and let her eat. James hands me my food and I take it happily as I sit down and eat smiling as my husband sits down next to me and eats. We eat lunch then clean up and go play with autumn for a while watching some Sessem street to help enhance her brain development. After we were done I make dinner for us and we all eat it then my husband takes our daughter upstairs to give her a bath and put her to sleep while I clean up. I finish cleaning up and lock everything and head to the livingroom and sit on the couch covering myself in a blanket and sit watching the tree lights dance. "Want some tea love?" I hear my husband ask. "No. I just want you." I say looking up at him. "Okay." He says sitting next to me and pulls me into his side wrapping the giant blanket around us as we watch the tree lights. I smile and snuggle into his side and wrap my arms around his waist enjoying the quietness and the lights and smells of everything. James and I stay downstairs for a while but decide we would be more comfortable and warmer on our bed so with that thought in mind we turn off the lights and set the alarm for the house then head upstairs and go to bed.

(Two day time skip to christmas day.)

(James POV)
I woke up early around eight to see my wife still sound asleep snuggled under the covers. Me being the childish person I am decided to act like a child and wake her up since it was christmas morning. "Babbbbby. Wake upppppppp. It's christmasssssssss." I whine playfully and lay across her body. "James so help me if you don't stop and get off me I'm not getting up period." She says tiredly as she squirms. "But it's christmas." I pout and poke her side. "Weren't you supposed to grow out of this phase years ago? And stop poking me." She whines pushing me off her and crawls more under the covers trying to go back to sleep. "I'll make you breakfast and coffee." I say kissing her neck gently causing her to stir. "Ugh I hate you." She says sitting up and glare at me tiredly. "Yay." I say getting up and look at her with the biggest grin on my face. She yawns laughing and gets up tiredly and heads to the bathroom as I go downstairs and make us breakfast and coffee like I promised. A few moments later she comes down and into the kitchen where I was making us breakfast. "Coffee." I say handing her a cup filled with coffee. She takes it and drinks it happily. "What time is it anyways?" She asks looking at the clock on the stove. I cook and watch her. "James it 8:30 in the morning. Why." She whines pouting and glares at me. "What can I say. I'm a kid at heart." I say smiling widely. "After we are done this morning I am going to take a nap to catch up on the sleep I missed this morning." She says sipping her coffee. "Come here." I say pulling her into me by her waist gently. She moves closer to me and looks at me. "I sowwy. I love you. I didn't want to be alone down here this morning." I say holding her waist and rub it with my thumb. "Why couldn't you stay in bed for an hour and read or play on your phone?" She asks looking at me. "Because I want to spend some time alone with my wife this morning before Autumn wakes up and you get taken away by my mother and katy." I say holding her. "Okay." She says smiling and nods drinking her coffee. "Good. So your not mad at me anymore?" I ask happily like a child. "Mmmmmmm...... No I guess not." She says thinking and smiles at me. "Yay. Let's go eat." I say grabbing the food and sit down. "Next time wake me an say you wanna spend time with me instead of acting like a child." She says smiling and sits down. "I know but it's christmas love and I act like a child on christmas." I say eating and smile. "Okay. You are paying for it next time." She warns playfully and eats.