Chapter 21

(Hadaza's POV)

I hear the baby monitor go off and I groan. "Love its your turn to get her." I say tiredly and yawn. "I got it." He says getting up and going to change her. I turn over and look at the baby monitor squinting tiredly and blindly to see him changing Autumn causing me to smile and lay back down slightly more on his side and fall asleep. "Missed me that much did you?" I hear says as he walks in and sees me laying sleepily on his side. "Yes now get in here and cuddle me. I'm cold." I whine tiredly and open my eyes and look at him sleepily. "Okay move over then." He says laying down and getting back under the covers as I move over for him. Once he was comfy I attack him in a giant hug and hold him laying my head on his chest while wrapping my arms around his waist and close my eyes. "Clingy today are we?" He says playfully and kisses my head. "Mmmm shut up I'm tired and just getting over my period. Plus our daughter keeps stealing you from me. So of course I'm going to be clingy." I say tiredly and hold him falling asleep again. He chuckles and holds me then goes back to sleep keeping his arms around me for warmth but mainly for protection. A few hours go by and I am woken up by the sunlight streaming in through the window and groan opening my eyes to see James awake and on his phone. "Hi." I say looking up at him. "Morning love. Sleep well?" He asks looking down at me. "Mmmhmmm. You hungry? Is Autumn still asleep?" I ask sitting up and stretch. "She is still asleep. I am hungry so lets go make breakfast." He says setting his phone down and gets out of bed. 

"You go on. I just need to put some pants on." I say getting out of bed. "No you don't. Just go around the house like that." He says smiling pointing to bra and panties. "Haha you wish. I'll keep my shirt off but I am wearing pants because it is cold." I say grabbing a pair of pants and slipping them on then grab my glasses so I can see. "Much better." I say standing up and head downstairs with him taking the baby monitor with me. "What are we going to make today?" I ask looking up at him as we walk into the kitchen. "I was thinking breakfast sandwiches or pancakes with fruit." He says grabbing my waist and pulls me into him. "Mmm lets go with pancakes and fruit." I say placing the baby monitor on the counter and then put my hands on his chest and look up at him. "Okay." He says letting go of me. I smile and go and make some tea for us both but stop hearing the baby monitor go off and see Autumn awake and sitting up in her crib. "I'm going up to get the baby. She's awake now." I say heading upstairs and into the nursery. "Hello princess. Did you sleep well?" I say happily and bend over and pick her up and place her in my arms. "Lets go downstairs and say good morning to daddy." I say walking downstairs with her in my arms. "Oh daddy someone wants to say goodmorning." I say walking into the kitchen where my husband was. "Who's that?" He asks smiling and turning around. "Dadda!" Autumn says happily. "Awww its my little love bug. Goodmorning sweetheart." He says kissing her nose gently causing her to giggle and squeal. "Alright monkey butt lets get you breakfast." I say setting her in her high chair and then getting her food ready for her. Autumn sits rubbing her eyes waiting for her food. I give her her food and her bottle with milk and let her eat. Autumn starts to eat her food happily and squeals watching us. I go back to making tea for James and I while my husband makes breakfast. "How's breakfast going? You need help?" I ask pouring us two cups of tea. "If you want to get two plates that would be wonderful." He says. I grab two plates for us and set them next to him on the counter as he puts our food on them. "Alright we are ready for breakfast." He says turning off the stove and taking our plates to the table and sets them down. "Yay." I say coming over with the two cups of tea and the bowls of fruit. "I'll take those from you." He says grabbing the stuff out of my hands and lets me sit down. "Thank you." I say sitting down and grab my tea and bowl of fruit and take a bite. 

Autumn watches us and whines wanting to try a piece. "What baby girl?" I asks looking at her. "You wanna try a piece of pancake?" My husband asks as he sees our daughter making grabby hands at our food. "Just a little piece baby." I say cutting a small piece up and make sure its cool enough for her to eat and let her take a bite of it. Autumn eats enjoying it a lot finishing the piece in my hand and makes grabby hands wanting more. "You have your own food baby girl." I say give her some of her own food which she spits out. "Autumn stop it." My husband says stepping in as I go and sit down. Autumn stops and pouts looking at him. I sigh and eat my food looking down. "Now eat your food love bug. I'll give you some banana's." James says cutting up a banana for her which she gets excited for. We finish eating our breakfast and I offer to clean up while James sits with our daughter while she finishes the rest of her food. A few moments later my husband walks in with our daughter on his hip, an empty plate then sets the plate in the dishwasher. "You okay love?" He asks me seeing my face. "Yeah I'm fine. I'm going to go shower." I say leaving the kitchen and head upstairs and start a shower. After my shower I dry off and change leaving my hair to dry naturally  then walk out into our bedroom and see James sitting on the bed waiting for me. "James is everything okay? Where's Autumn?" I ask making my way to my little work corner. "She's in her room playing with stuffies. Its you I'm worried about." He says stopping me and grabs my arm gently. "I'm fine James. I need to get some work done." I say getting out of his grip only to be pulled back into him. "Your not okay love. Talk to me. What's wrong? You seem disinterested recently." He says turning me to face him and holds me against him so I have nowhere to go. "I just.... I don't know. I feel like Autumn only listens to you or Oliver when she misbehaves but never to me. I'm still pissed at my mom." I say looking up at him with a frown.