Chapter 39

(James POV)
Dahalia is now six months old and she is growing up so fast. I can't believe that she is starting to sit up by herself and is crawling around. Also my wife and I got a dog and it is a bearded collie named tonto. Right now I am busy trying to feed her her lunch but Dahalia is not budging. "Come on baby girl. Open up." I say trying to get her to eat her food on the spoon. Dahalia turns her head away and whines loudly not having it. "What's going on in here?" My wife asks walking into the kitchen after finishing a meeting. "Dahalia is being picky with her food." I say looking at her. "Okay then she just doesn't eat." My wife says walking past us and grabs a glass. "Okay princess I guess you don't get lunch." I say cleaning up the food. Dahalia just looks at me not really caring and grabs her pacifre and sucks it. "Is her tummy feeling okay?" My wife asks looking at me. "I don't know. She was fine at breakfast and I saw nothing out of the ordinary." I say putting her baby food away.

Dahalia coughs and then sneezes scaring herself causing her to cry. "Awww baby girl. Shhhh its okay." My wife says picking her up and rocks her gently cleaning her nose. "She got scared of her own sneeze." I say going to her and stroke her hair. "Its okay baby girl. Don't cry. It was just a sneeze it wont hurt you." My wife says holding her. Dahlia continues to cry and holds onto her mom. "Something else is bothering you baby. Is your tummy upset?" My wife asks feeling her forehead checking to see if she has a fever. "I think her tummy is hurting. Does she have a fever?" I ask my wife. "She has a fever. Can you get some baby tylonal and meet me upstairs." She asks calming Dahalia down. "Yeah sure." I say nodding as she heads upstairs to the nursery. I get what we need and then go to her seeing autumn was still sound asleep for her nap. "Hey love I got what you needed." I say walking in and see my wife taking care of our daughter. "Thank you. Wanna give it to her. She's going to fight me." She says looking up at me. I nod and go to her and my sick daughter and give her the medication. "Alright little one open up." I say putting the medicine in her mouth causing her to scream and cry fighting us. "Shh we know we know. Daddy's almost done." My wife says calming her down as I finish giving her the medicine. "Alright I'm all done baby girl." I say finishing. Dahalia just cries kicking as my wife picks her up and rocks her gently and walks around. "Daddy." I hear my daughter autumn call. "What princess?" I ask as I walk into her room seeing her holding her stomach. "I no fweel well." She says looking at me. I bend down and feel her head and see she is burning up. "Is your tummy hurting?" I ask looking at her. She nods and coughs into her arm sneezing. "Sounds like you and your sister both have the case of the flu." I say standing up and help her to the bathroom. Autumn goes with me and coughs again as I grab a wash cloth and start the water. "Daddy my tummy hurts." She says causing me to turn around. "Its okay baby." I say grabbing a trash can as she throws up.

Autumn throws up coughing as I rub her back gently. "Its okay love." I say cleaning her up once she was done and put her in the water after I was done taking her clothes off. Autumn lays her head against my arm sniffling and coughs as I bathe her hearing my wife walk in and see her. "Did we get hit with the flu?" My wife asks seeing Autumn. "Apparently we did. I'm guessing that Dahalia is asleep?" I say bathing autumn. "Yep. I'll clean up and get some medication for autumn." She says cleaning up and then goes to get medication. "I sowwy daddy." She says looking at me. "About what baby?" I ask looking down at her. "Becaws I sick." She says looking at me. "Awww my beautiful autumn. Don't be sorry for being sick. Mummy and daddy get sick too." I say holding her. Autumn nods and looks down playing with my hand. I let her and let her stay in the tub for a few more minutes then get her out and dry her off changing her into new pjs.

"Alright lets go get some medication to help you feel better." I say walking out with her seeing my wife finishing making autumn's bed. "Mummy." Autumn says weakly. "Hi princess. Daddy says your not feeling well." She says stroking her hair softly. Autumn nods and climbs into her bed. "Well lets fix that right now. I have some medicine that I need you to take. Please don't fight me on it. This will make you feel better." She says holding a cup with the medicine in it. Autumn nods and takes it without fighting her and yawns. "Is your tummy hurting anymore?" I ask her. "No daddy." She says yawning. "Okay if it is you have a bucket right here so if you feel sick get the bucket." I say showing her as I tuck her in. "Otay daddy." She says closing her eyes tiredly and falls asleep as my wife cleans up then leaves. I smile softly and leave the room with my wife and wrap my arms around her waist. "Well looks like we are going to be up late most of the week." My wife says walking downstairs with me. "I know love but we can do it." I say rubbing her back. "Mmmmhmm." She says going to the laundry and starts the wash focusing on what she was doing. I help her out and then go and disinfect the surfaces downstairs where autumn was playing. "Tonto out." I hear my wife say to the dog. "Tonto come here boy." I call causing the dog to come to me which I then send him outside to play and get his energy out. "Thank you." She says annoyed walking out of the laundry room and goes to do something in the kitchen. I go after her and help her out then send her upstairs to shower and relax a bit while I take care of Tonto. Once I was finished I head upstairs and into the kids bedroom to see them all still sound asleep then make my way to mine and my wives room only to find her sitting at her desk working on a project not able to hear me since she had her headphones in. I smile and let her as I go and take a shower myself and change into a different set of clothes then walk out fully dressed to see my wife still at her desk no longer having her headphones in and petting Tonto who managed to put his head in his lap. "You hungry love?" I ask her causing her to look up at me. "I'm starving." She says saving her work and closing her laptop. "I'll go make lunch." I say looking at her and leave. "Okay." She says petting Tonto. I head downstairs and make us lunch as my wife stays upstairs with Tonto.