Chapter 4

(James's POV)
The next morning I woke up before Hadaza and smiled seeing her small frame curled up in my side. I sat a bit eating her sleep and taking in every feature of her. "How could anyone hurt her the way that teacher did?" I ask in my head. A few moments later I hear a slight moan and feel Hadaza stir causing me to look down and see she changed positions in my arms and was now facing her window as she slept. I smile and bend down and kiss her exposed shoulder gently causing her to stir. This is what happens when she wears a sleep shirt that's a bit too big for her which now that I look at it it looks like one of my shirts. "Did she take that from my closet?" I say to myself as I feel her stir and wake. "Morning beautiful." I say as she opens her eyes slowly and rubs them. "Morning." She says yawning and stretching as she looks over at me and smiles tiredly. "Sleep well?" I ask her. "Mmmmhmmmmm." Is all I hear as she curls up more and switches to her right side so she can face me. "Your beautiful when you wake up in the morning." I say moving some of her messy hair out of the way. "Mmmmmm I'm not. I just want more sleep." She whines wrapping her arms around my torso. "I know you do baby but you have to get ready for work and I gotta go look at furniture and meet with my agent today." I say gently prying her hands off me. Hadaza groans and sits up and stretches again hearing her joints pop and crack. "Downfall of being a dancer I assume?" I say looking at her as she gets up. "Yep. Danced for almost my full life since I was 4. And occasionally I will do a Christmas show case with my old dance company. Which we start rehearsals for it two days after the wedding." She says getting up.

"Fun. I can't wait to see you. Is that my shirt your wearing?" I ask pointing at the shirt. "Yesssssss." She says looking down at it and looks at me. "How did you get it?" I ask smirking. "I took it from your closet. Why?" She asks acting innocent and shy. "I just wanted to know. It looks cute on you. And those shorts go well with it." I say standing and engulf her in a hug. "You know your not getting this shirt back right? I took it last year from your closet cause I didn't know how long I had to wait to see you and I wanted something that was yours and smells like you. And how can you see my shorts? Luckily I went to bed with pants on." She says hugging me. "The shirts big on you but not long enough to hide the shorts." I say pulling away from the hug and look at her. "Mmmmm guess your right. I guess I should go get ready for work." She says yawning and going towards her closet but stops when I pull her back into me. "Babe I need to get ready for work." She whines looking up at me. "Not till I get a good morning kiss." I say bending down and kiss her gently. She smiles and kisses back gently and wraps her arms around my neck. "You are too much sometimes James Andrew Eric Phelps but I love you anyways." She says pulling away and smiles at me. "I love you Hadaza Andrea Jamerson." I say smiling at her and move some of her messy hair out of her face.

"Now let me go get ready for work. Please." She says as I let go of my grip so she can get ready. She makes her way to her closet and goes through it and finds a cute long sleeved dress and some leggings to go with it then proceeds to the bathroom to her ready. I smile and grab a pair of jeans and a plain pale blue t-shirt and get dressed in her room.

A few minutes later I finish as Hadaza walks out braiding her hair. "James I got a problem I can't zip myself up. Can you help me. I think the zipper is stuff or something." She say walking to me. "Sure. Turn around." I say as she turns her back towards me. I walk over and zip her up fully. "Your all good now love. Zipper was just caught on part of the fabric but I saved it." I say. "Thank you." She says throwing her long hair back over her shoulders. Now when I say long hair I don't mean like super long I mean her hair goes down to middle part of her back. I smile and watch her get some socks and lean against her dresser to put them on causing me to chuckle. "Love just sit on the bed." I say watching her struggle to keep her balance. "I'm fine." She says finishing. "Okay." I say as she wakes her way back into the bathroom and shuts the door behind her.