Chapter 25

(James's POV)
Hadaza is now two months pregnant and I am so excited to see her starting to form a baby bump. Today is a special day because today is my wives 29th birthday and I decided to get up early and make her some breakfast. I finish making breakfast then take care of my daughter while my wife sleeps needing it. "Okay princess lets go say happy birthday to mommy and no jumping on her." I say carrying her and the food up to the room. "Love?" I ask letting autumn run to the bed after I opened the door. "Momma!" Autumn says waking up her mother. "Hmmmm? What?" She asks opening her eyes and sitting up looking at me tired. "Goodmorning and happy birthday." I say setting the food on her lap. "Awwwww babe thank you." She says smiling happily and takes the food. "Your welcome. Can mommy get a kiss baby girl?" I ask picking up autumn and hold her. Autumn leans over and gives a sloppy one year old kiss to her mothers face causing us to both laugh. "Enjoy your breakfast love. We will be downstairs if you need anything." I say holding autumn and lean over to kiss my wife. "Thanks James." She says smiling and pulls away. I smile and head downstairs with Autumn and get my wives birthday gifts ready letting Autumn run around the kitchen. Twenty minutes later my wife walks down and into the kitchen with the empty dishes. "Hi love how was breakfast?" I ask setting the gift down and taking the empty dishes. "It was fine but nothing stayed down." She says sighing. "I'm sorry love. Would toast help at all?" I ask putting the dishes in the sink and hold her.

"Yeah. I'll make it though." She says walking to the toaster stepping over autumn's toys. I let her and play a game with autumn helping her put her toys away. As I finish putting away the last toy I hear my wife groan slightly. "Love you okay?" I ask walking into the kitchen with Autumn and set her in her high chair. "I'm fine just a slight cramp. Don't worry about it." She says smiling and eats her toast. I nod and cut up a banana and some strawberries for Autumn and put them in her bowl and set them in front of her. Autumn smiles and eats it happily as I go and wrap my arms around my wives waist and kiss her shoulder gently. "So what do you want to do for your birthday love?" I ask holding her. "Mmmmm I'm not sure." She says shrugging as she cleans up. "Well Oliver and Katy and my parents are coming over to have a bit of a birthday party for you today. So why don't you go get changed?" I say needing to send her upstairs so I can finish her surprise. "Okay." She says nodding and heads upstairs. I wait till she was fully gone then start making her other presents. Once I was finished I sign a card from both Autumn and I then set the gifts on the table. "Alright princess you ready for mommy's birthday party?" I ask looking at autumn who had banana all over her face causing me to laugh. "You just love to make a mess baby." I say laughing and clean her face off. Autumn just smiles and claps happily letting me. I finish cleaning her face off as my wife comes into the kitchen with smile. "Autumn can you just eat your food normally instead of putting it on your face." My wife says sighing.

Autumn just smiles and giggles as I set her on her feet and let her run around the kitchen. I watch her run around and smile and then look up at my wife who was busy doing the dishes. Autumn runs and grabs her mothers pant leg and pulls it giggling. "What princess?" She asks looking down at her. "Momma." She says making grabby hands. "Mommy can't pick you up right now princess. Mommy isn't actually suppose to be picking you up." She says going back to the dishes. "Momma." She says starting to cry wanting to be picked up. My wife just ignores her and continues her job. "Autumn wanna play with your stuffie?" I ask picking up her toy and show her. Autumn cries and walks to me and takes it calming down and sits on the floor. I let her and head over to my wife who was looking at me. "You okay love?" I ask looking at her. "I'm fine. She needs to get use to me not being able to carry her on my hip." She says as I hold her waist gently and kiss her shoulders. "I know love." I say kissing her shoulder. "Owww." She say wincing and leans over in pain. "You okay?" I ask her concerned. "Yeah. I just keep having these pains in my side and lower back." She says holding her side. "I don't know what could be the cause of it." I say taking her to the couch. "Owwww." She says stopping in pain and leans over grabbing her side tightly. "I'm going to call my mom." I say letting go of her and going to get my phone to call my mother. I grab my phone and get ready to call my mom when I hear Hadaza scream my name. "What? Hadaza what's wrong?" I ask rushing to her but stop dead in my tracks seeing my wife on the floor holding her side and blood surrounding her. "We need to go to the hospital now. Something is severely wrong." She says crying in pain. I nod and open the door seeing my mom and explain everything then take my hadaza to the hospital.