Chapter 14

(Hadaza's POV)
I am now eight and a half months pregnant so I'm close to having my baby. I've been put on bed rest because I started showing some early signs of preeclampsia so I'm to be resting. The cramps have been worse the they were two months ago. James got the nursery set up the week after he came back from his trip to the UK and we have a hospital bag ready to go.

I decided to head to bed early cause I wasn't really feeling well and I was just tired. Around 2 am in the morning I wake up feeling pain like I've never felt before. I kinda just lay there for a bit not really knowing what is going on and go back to sleep until I feel the pain intensify causing me to wake up quickly and wince grabbing my stomach. "Mmmm." I say softly in pain and gasp feeling liquid down my legs as I start to prop myself up. Yep my water just broke. "Ow. James. James wake up." I say turning my light on and shake him roughly but stop feeling a contraction. "James!" I say smacking him with my pillow. "What? Hadaza honey what is it?" He asks sitting up tiredly and turning the light on and looks at me tiredly. "We need to go to the hospital. Now. My water just broke." I say looking at him. He sits there for a couple of minutes and rubs his eyes then sees my face. "Oh!" He says getting up quickly and gets dressed. "How bad are the contractions?" He asks me as he runs around frantically trying to get stuff ready. I sit and wince in pain wanting to laugh at him but can't. "They aren't bad yet love." I state as a contraction hits.

"Mmmmmm." I say leaning over and grip the covers as I feel a contraction. "Your okay love just breath." He say holding onto my shoulders and rubs them gently. I breath through the contraction and look up once it was over. "Kay lets call my doctor and tell her what's going on." I say getting out of bed slowly. James nods and calls my doctor and tells her what's going on. "She's for sure in labor. Time those contractions. Those will help me determine how far along she is when you guys arrive." She says. James hangs up and puts everything in the car and then helps me in making sure to grab our masks. I grab onto his hand as we make our way down the steps to the living room but stop as I have a contraction.

"Ahhhh... mmmmkay." I say trying to time it but breath deeply. James turns me to him and holds my waist gently and rubs small circles with his thumbs on my side timing the contractions. Once the contraction ends I breath and look up at him. "Ready?" He asks looking at me. I nod and then continue to make our way to the car stopping outside the car door as I feel another contraction. "Aye." I yelp putting my arms on the door and look down breathing. James rubs my back gently and keeps me supported as I breath. "You okay?" He asks me when I don't respond.

"Yeah I'm good." I say nodding picking my head back up and look at him. James nods and helps me into the car. The contractions aren't too bad so I'm able to do stuff which I take the time to text mine and James family about what's going on. In between texting mind and James family contractions hit causing me to tilt my head back and breath deeply. "Ooooooo." I say breathing shutting my eyes and feel James hold my hand and gently rubs it with his thumb. "Your doing great love." He says as I look down after the contraction ends. We arrive twenty minutes later and go inside. I get taken back while James stays and fills out the paper work. Once I was in a room and set up I get poked and prodded with needles then just lay there. James comes in and smiles softly at me. "Hey how's the contractions?" He asks.

"They're there and bad but not so bad that I'm screaming bloody murder." I say shrugging and get a text from Katy saying that she's gone into labor as well. "Haha that's funny. Katy's gone into labor as well." I say showing him the text. "Does that mean our babies will share the same birthdays?" He says. "No I think Katy's kid will be born sooner then ours. Remember you guys are five hours ahead." I say as my doctor comes in to check on me then asks if I want an epidural which I turn down cause I can't have due to the fact I'm allergic to the medications in it. She nods as a nurse comes in and gives me patosin to help kick start the labor process and let me tell you two minutes after I got that the contractions started to become intense.