EPISODE 55

31/12/2019

Aparna's P. O. V :

We sat around the dining table and Shiva was animatedly discussing with Hari. I was numb, I was just there.

Shwetha shook me from my side and I looked straight into Shiva.

" Were you talking to me? " I asked confused.

" Yes, I have made sure that your hearing happens tomorrow. We just need to go there with proper evidence. I want you to hope for a good end to this. " Shiva said.

" But, they said, they cancelled the hearing right, how did they accept now? " I asked confused.

" I appealed again, as your supporter " Shiva said and fake coughed.

" Do you have anything? Like photos? Videos? Anything that can trap Michael! " Shwetha asked me.

I bit my lips and pulled my hair with one hand.

A small idea crossed my mind and I ran to the room to pick up my phone.

I faintly remembered recording one of Michael's threat calls few months ago. I ran through the phone memory but I found none.

" Fuck, I did record some of his calls, but they aren't there! " I said walking to and fro.

" Give that here! " Shiva said and swiftly took away from phone.

He checked the cloud storage, the drive and backups, no audio file was found.

" This is confusing, there is no audio file in your phone! Not even one! " Shiva said.

" Might be a bug in the phone processor! Let's reinstall the os. " Hari said and connected the phone to his laptop and rebooted everything.

My phone rang and it was an unknown number. Shwetha picked up the call and looked at the screen.

She silently handed the phone to me.

" Hello Appy! " The voice said chirping. It was David, Michael's friend.

" How did you get this number ? " I asked him.

" Were you trying hard to retrieve your phone recording? " He asked.

" What the hell is going on? Are you in this? " I asked, nearly shouting.

" That period tracking app which you have been using for the past two years is the bug, don't waste your time repairing the os. " He said laughing.

" You think you are smart? " I asked in disbelief and pressed the record option again.

" Yeap, Michael introduced that app to you, knowing it would come handy someday. You trusted your friend so much. By the way don't try recording again, it's useless. I heard that you are coming tomorrow. Wow, it would be great to see you. " He said.

I heard laughter behind his voice and I knew that he was together with Michael.

" I really wish you good luck! Bye bye! " He said and laughed. I cut the call and threw away my phone. The screen cracked and it's shell fell apart.

I sat down on the floor and hugged myself. I was shaking with anger.

Everyone sat beside me silently.

" Everything is gone. I have nothing. Wow, really, Michael is amazing. He is so thorough! " I said and laughed out.

Shiva's face suddenly became dull and he looked at me confused.

" You talked about hope, where is it? " I said raising my hands above my head.

" We still have more than 10 hours left! " He said.